cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulldog Broadband

N/A

Bulldog Broadband

I'm not sure if anyone else has recently seen the flyers from Bulldog regarding their broadband service.

They've removed a lot of the initial sign-up fees and offers some items for free for 2 months.

And their selling point NO DOWNLOAD RESTRICTIONS, NO THROTTLING, USE IT FOR WHAT YOU INTEND TO USE IT FOR - AUDIO/VIDEO STREAMING, DOWNLOADING, P2P, SURFING, VOIP, EMAILS, ETC, ETC

if F9 continue to alienate users with their traffic shaping, I can see companies like Bulldog and ZEN getting more customers.

As for their service I'm not sure what its like but acording to ADSL guide they are now being monitored for 6 months

regards
mike
12 REPLIES
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

The trouble is f9/plusnet will be happy to loose all these heavy customers... the customers they want to keep are the light users who have no idea any of this is happening because they don't read the forums, and the SUP is being kept secret from them until the become violators.
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

So true, they should be happy to lose the heavy customers, but as the heavy customers are now in fact rendered light users by the traffic shaping, in a way I suppose it's like the loss of a light user.
Trebor
Grafter

Bulldog Broadband

And Bulldog are being investigated because of their poor service, and unattainable promises.

The grass isalways greener on the other side of the fence, untill you get there that is Wink
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

Hi,

Bulldog got a horrific pasting recently on BBC1's watch dog program, they got terrible press for their utterly absymal customer service. So no matter what the marketing burb says IMO I wouldnt touch them with a cow prod and 100,000volts!! :lol:

**ever seen CS pigs fly!!?Huh
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

I have friends who have subscribed to Bulldog and are having a terrible time. Took 4 months + to get their ADSL connected and were unable to even leave bulldog for another ISP durig this as Bulldog were commiting the change. Their Customer Service was a joke and nearly always uncontactable. Couple of other friends who went to Bulldog had similar problems. I do hear however that their starting to get their act together. They have blamed BT for the majority of delays.
I recommend before you sign up with anyone, call their support line a couple of times at different time of the day and see how easy it is to get through. I used to be with NTL and had to endure 40min plus wait times. If a company is doing well, their customer service lines are usually good. If its failing its customers, getting through to CS is normally difficault.
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

Hi dynem,

I agree with the points you made which are good ones and clearly given from past experience.

Ivan
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

I have friends who have subscribed to Bulldog and are having a terrible time. Took 4 months + to get their ADSL connected and were unable to even leave bulldog for another ISP
Do you know if they were all trying to connect to broadband via BT's infrastructure or if it was a special bulldog LLU exchange?

I'd be more worried if they couldn't manage their own exchanges very well, can't blame BT for that.
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

Hi,

I've heard similar stories of excessive delays with Bulldog, where the customer was disconnected from BT but then never reconnected to bulldogs unbundelled local loop service, in other words the person was effectively cut off completely.

Other tales of woe regarding arguements between companies as to who owns the customers phone line BT or bulldog and who has the right to supply the service to the said customer. Whilst the wrangling goes on & on the customer is left without a service (nightmare). BT may have many faults as a company but sticking with a BT line does seem to have some advantages and it proves that in some rare cases LLU can be hellish when it goes wrong.

Ivan
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

Do you know if they were all trying to connect to broadband via BT's infrastructure or if it was a special bulldog LLU exchange?

I'd be more worried if they couldn't manage their own exchanges very well, can't blame BT for that.

From what I heard, BT were dragging their heels swapping from BT to Bulldog infrastructure.
N/A

Bulldog Broadband

N/A

Bulldog Broadband

Personally im considering Nildram:
http://broadband.nildram.net/view_products.php?group=broadband2

Nildram looks ok, but it has a FUP as well

50GB fair use quota (during peak hours), use as much as you like off peak

Plus there is stuff in the t&c which would allow them to change it, given notice.

And its also 4 quid more expensive!
tonymunro
Grafter

Bulldog Broadband

I was with Bulldog for about 4 months before I moved to F9.

My advice is DON'T GO WITH BULLDOG at any costs. It's just not worth it. As has been said already their customer service is probably the worst in the business. I had intermittent access for the whole 4 months - no-one at Customer Services wanted to help.

When you finally get through to CS all they do is take down the details and say they will pass it on to a techie to call you back. Needless to say you don't get a call back. I was left without any access for 2 weeks. It was a complete nightmare.

Oh and even though I've cancelled with them (got the confirmation email to prove it!!) they are still charging me every month and trying to take the direct debit out.

Mind you, I'm beginning to wonder whether F9 is much better Sad The connection has started to constantly dropping off for no apparent reason!