cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bowling for Columbine

N/A

Bowling for Columbine

Michael Moores film "Bowling for Columbine" is an extremely thought provocking film about american gun culture and its dire effects on ordinary people.
What a brave man to make such a film & to confront the powerful american gun lobby & big companies.

So much for the American Dream more like your worst nightmare come true!!! Thank goodness I live here in the UK where ordinary people are NOT allowed to freely carry guns, it really made me appreciate the country I live in despite all its faults & limitations.

If there is one thing I hope we never import into this country its this kind of American dream/nightmare/madness.
--
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Bowling for Columbine

Not seen it (yet). You might like to read his book, "Stupid White Men"
N/A

RE: Bowling for Columbine

> Not seen it (yet). You might like to read his book, "Stupid White Men"

Hi,
I highly recommend this film bowling for colubine if you get the chance to see it. I do think Michael Moore is one of the few lone voices questioning the sheer insanity of the gun culture in the US. What scarys me most is the influence that US culture has on UK culture generally about 18months to 2 years after events or trends in the USA.

Anyway do go & see it if you can.

--
N/A

Bowling for Columbine

Read the book too. Its better than the film.
N/A

Thanks for that thought

Hi,

Thanks for that thought I might just take you up on that recommendation, Ta!!

Best Regards
Ivan :-)
N/A

I would agree. The film is a thought provoking documentary.

I would agree. The film is a thought provoking documentary.

Don't be put off by the fact that this isn't your usual blockbuster saturdaynight rental. Its watchable for the whole family and is a real educational experience.

Michael Moore, you will all find does lots of this 'thought provoking' work. Look him up on Amazon.

Also, Marilyn Manson had some of the most intelligent opinions on the subject and his interview in the film/documentary was a shock and an eye opener. Who would have thought...

DR
N/A

On Channel4 6th dec

I think the film is on Channel 4 next Saturday Night. 6th Dec.
Pretty sure I saw an advert for it.
Not seen it yet.