cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bored, ill and lonely!

Denzil
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

A shameless plea for sympathy! I've been ill for the last four weeks, and I am getting thoroughly fed up with it. It started with tonsillitis, then the infection seemed to go but I've been weak and unable to do very much since. I had to have an emergency trip to a doctor earlier this week
with sudden complete exhaustion (fortunately I was spending a few days with my parents) and he said I probably had Post Viral Fatigue, which apparently can take a few weeks to get over. I have been feeling better over the last couple of days, although it might just be the large dose of Ibuprofen I have been told to take!

I have been spending a lot of time stuck at home on my own watching mind-numbing daytime TV, feeling alone and miserable, so any responses will be much appreciated! (Positive ones only please.)

Ooh, I feel slightly better already for having said all that.

Denzil
31 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

Hey,

Soz to hear you're feelin a tad under the weather at the moment. But we'll sure entertain you!

Just take a look around this wonderful forum and read some of the jokes posted by robynfali and towill (to name a couple). They'll get ya in hysterics in no time!
Alecto
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

And look on the bright side - you weren't at Glastonbury Tongue Tongue
Denzil
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

And look on the bright side - you weren't at Glastonbury Tongue Tongue

Hee hee. I do my fair share of camping out in the wilds in a small tent, but being three feet deep in water doesn't look like fun. Better watch it on TV.
N/A

PVF replying Ivan

Hello denzilsearle,

Really sorry! to hear about your experience I know how that can feel. I was once quite ill with proctitis & ulcerative colitis a few years ago and had to look after myself and like you I found it a throughly miserable experience, so your NOT alone. I also know that post viral fatigue can be something that people dismiss as NOT real, Oh! he's faking it just to get a few more days off work is a typical kind of cynical response. Where as in reality who would EVER want to fake something like that, something that you wouldnt wish on anyone else at all. Hope your feeling a little more positive by the time to get to read this and that perhaps you strength and energy might be on the up?

Best Wishes to you, take good care
Ivan

--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
Denzil
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

Thankyou for that. I am sorry to hear you have been through something similar! I do feel considerably better today, so maybe I am beginning to come out of it. It's about time!
N/A

Bored, ill and lonely!

Oh stop your moaning Denzil, just be glad that you are not in Essex. AW me Gaw* perhaps the poor devil is!
Denzil
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

I'm in the wild west of Cornwall, almost as far as you can get from Essex.
N/A

Bored, ill and lonely!

Grottle breaths sigh of releif!
Metalguru
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

Hey !

I was in Essex a few months ago .................. Crossing a river on a very narrow bridge. Halfway across I met this beautiful blonde coming the other way............

I didn't block her passage .............

Signed Wayne Curr
N/A

Bored, ill and lonely!

So that means........

Perhaps you should change your name to homeada5n, do I need to spell it out?
Metalguru
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

I'm afraid you'll have to ............
cos I ain't got a clue.
Denzil
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

'ere, this is my thread!
N/A

Bored, ill and lonely!

Well the alternative to blocking her passage was? Also 5 fingers make a whole hand. Now do you get it? Shockedops:
Metalguru
Grafter

Bored, ill and lonely!

Have a look at the name again, at the end of that particular post.

See ......... I can laugh at myself.