cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Virus

N/A

Blocked Virus

My Default Email address is being targeted by a virus, not a problem as F9's Anti Virus Blocker is doing it's job. However, just as fustrating is the emails they send to tell you the virus has been blocked!!!

As the Virus has been sent to my Default address, I cant seem to delete the mailbox, or set a new address as default.

Or, is there a feature on the Anti Virus settings that will allow me to turn off the notifications?

I hope that is explained clearly.

Kris
3 REPLIES
N/A

Mail Ivan

Hi Kris,

No! thats right you WONT be able to delete your default email Mailbox, thats because its a builtin part of your account and if you were able to delete it, you would in turn knacker up your entire account.

Point 2, what you CAN do however is setup a new alias mailbox (and email address) and setup a de-direction so that either a) ALL legitimate mail is then sent to your new alias email address or have the re-direction send ALL the junk and virus stuff to it instead. Either way this should keep legit mail & virus mail seperate.

Point 3, you can deactivate the anti virus service if its part of your account package but quite why anyone would want to do that I dont know? but its is possible.

Point 4, no! you cannot as far as I am aware turn off the notification aspect of the AV service. Unless anyone else knows otherwise of course??

Point 5, You can have F9 support people setup a blackhole redirection from your default account and setup another mailbox for you I think? contact them and they can fill you in on that one in more detail than I can here.

Ivan
N/A

Blocked Virus

Thanks for the reply, i'm sure somewhere in the text is the answer I needed. :shock:

What I will do is set up a 'point 2', well it sound the ideal way to do it, the hard part is working out how the hell do I do it!!!!

Thanks a lot

Kris
N/A

Setting a re-direction and new mailbox Ivan

Hi Kris,

In reply to POINT No.2 the answer is as follows (its very very easy to do), login to the portal as usual, next goto email settings, next on the page for email settings you should see your "default" (catch all mailbox) mailbox shown. This is the one that you cannot remove.

Next you should see on this page a button that allows you to add a mailbox, so go ahead and add a new mailbox (call it whatever you like but bear in mind that what you call it will also be part of your new email address for mail to that box?)

**So dont call it something to obscure,complex or too long winded. IMO keep it simple so others can remember it and so you can remember it too.

Once you have added your new mailbox the next step it to setup a re-direction from your default (catch all mailbox) mailbox to your newly created mailbox. Again there is a button on this page that allows you to setup the re-direction and also some good help information that explains how this can be done.

Hope that helps? Ivan