cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best p2p Program ?

N/A

Best p2p Program ?

Can anyone recommend a good and easy to use p2p program.

Thanks.
Moderator's note by Chris - Moving to a more relevent forum
30 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Best p2p Program ?

I've just started using azureus. However there are loads of different clients out there, from kazaa to morpheus. BitTorrents (the Shadow version), I was using before I recently switched and that worked fine for me.

regards

Luke
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

depends entirely on what you need it for. My recommendation would be soulseek for music, Azureus (bittorrent client) for movies and DC++ for everything else.

tom
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

I use Azureus for BitTorrent...and eDonkey for anything else.

My sister uses Kazaa ( :roll: ) I really need to get her off it because it's becoming a problem, lol.
zpeterk
Grafter

p2p

I am using winmx which works fine and doesn't have any spyware, unlike imesh, kazaa etc
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

i use azureus for BT which i think is the best client for it, some mates use emule which i wanna try out sometime

azureus is a java based app, so it does use quite a bit of ram and cpu at times, but other than that its very good
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

winmx left spyware on my system. So did kazaa lite which is not ment to have any so they say. Soulseek is what ive been using lately.
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

azureus and direct connect++
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

Don't use them at all... too risky, loads of open ports and viruses everywhere.

Spend a few quid* and buy either Newsleacher or Newsbin Pro, then subscribe to Newzbin.com and then get yourself onto a good Newsgroup Provider (Plusnet's isn't quite up for this) - i use Astraweb.com. Then, surf around Newzbin - pick the album, movie, game, application, anime, e-book or plugin you want then download the small .NZB file to which you import into your newsclient and download to your hearts delight. I'm not sure why i ever bothered with the likes of Kazaa as this system has been around since the begining of the internet.

* A few quid breaks down like this...

$30.00 on the client - worth it (new and better builds all the time)
$4.00 on a Newzbin subs - lasts around 60 days i think
$10.00 on Astra for 25GB of downloads - various packages available
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

P2p will always be a vexed subject - despite all the obvious reasons to avoid using such things most of us music lovers (esp with Broadband) will use them at some point.
I've dumped Kazzaa and use the excellent "soulseek" which I think is spyware free (unless someone more clued than myself tells me otherwise!)
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

I've used Kazza lite - full of spyware
Shareaza - takes up too many CPU cycles
Phex - excellent
Bearshare - good
Limwire - good

None of them compare with how good Napster used to be

Sigh

Jeff
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

I use
WarezP2P - www.warez.com (client)
and for bit torrents:
BitTornado - www.bittornado.com (client)
SuprNova - www.suprnova.org (list of torrent files)
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

N/A

SoulSeek

I've been using SoulSeek for about a year now, and despite the occasional server failure it's still by far the best I've P2P client for music sharing - there's a *remarkable* amount of different genres available on there!
(and it has no spyware either)

I've dumped Kazzaa and use the excellent "soulseek" which I think is spyware free (unless someone more clued than myself tells me otherwise!)
N/A

Best p2p Program ?

eMule is fairly good.