cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ISP for download/upload speed/reliability?

N/A

I'm sick of this. Got to move pronto.

Zen? Be? EntaNet?

ta

SF
Evil

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Moved to a more apt part of the forum.
7 REPLIES
N/A

all three are good from what i hear. suggest you go with a one month contract Cool
shellsong
Grafter

You can't get a one month contract with Be*-- Be Lite is on a 12 month contract and Be Unlimited has a 3 month notice period.

Be* have recently been taken over by O2 although they are still a separate entity at present, they have rolled out their own ADSL2+ LLU network which seems to be quite well organised (unlike some LLU setups I could name!), their packages are all up to 24 Mbps (which in practice means whatever your line can handle up to about 22 Mbps).

The Be Lite basic package has maximum upstream synch rate of 0.4 Mbps and 4 gigs of bandwidth included with extra bandwidth purchaseable in 5 gig chunks at £1/gig

Be Unlimited has a maximum upstream rate of 1.3 Mbps and the FUP seems to allow usages in the region of 15 GB/day or 450 GB/month although they say that if you go too OTT you might get warned to slow down

They have a business package as well that will be getting Annex M shortly allowing up to 2.4 Mbps upstream synch rate
N/A

wtf would anyone do with 450GB/month?
N/A

Ta for the gen, folks.

Just got my severance details - it'll cost me 85 quid to leave :shock: (deferred charges for h/w, activation, "extra bandwidth" (?), uncharged days during notice period)

"Why not stay another month for free and we'll try to put right what's bugging you...?"

:roll:
N/A

check this guy's advice out, it appears hes been fighting some sort of legal battle with plusnet on behalf of mistreated customers, or at least advsing them of their rights

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2769484&page=&view=&sb=&o=
shellsong
Grafter

<a href=http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1>[censored]</a> would anyone do with 450GB/month?

I don't know, I don't have a hard drive big enough to take that sort of quantity of data, although I know some folk who are Linux anoraks can get through huge amounts just downloading and trying out different distros

One bloke on the Be Forum said he downloaded 800GB in one month but he didn't usually do that much!
N/A

thats insane. almost a terabyte in a month, if that were full dvds hed have to be watching about 14 hours a day just to get through them all. i just dont understand how home users can digest that much data in a single month :shock: :shock: