cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin ADSL Wireless Router and no no-NAT!

marley

Hello!

Does anybody know if there is a way to get the Belkin ADSL Wireless Router to allow no-NAT? I have recently got my 4 IP Addresses from f9 and have been trying to set up the router. But I have noticed the router will not allow me to enter a routable IP Address as it's internal IP Address. It will only allow me to enter a private IP Address (eg 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x). If this is the case is there another router with which this will work? It must also have ADSL modem, 802.11g and 4-port switch.

As an aside, does anybody know how you can get ICQ and yahoo to accept direct connections (eg. transfering files) when both of you are behind an ADSL modem and using NAT as they both say "Unable to establish connection"? This is the reason I went for a no-NAT option in the first place!

Thank you

Smiley
2 REPLIES
N/A

There are a couple of threads on the next page which may help you: Solwise SAR110 amd mIRC DCC SEND and Netgear DG814 and mIRC.
marley

Thank you task.

I have read both threads but it all comes down to my router not being able to have a "public" IP Address on its internal (LAN) side. It insists on a "private" IP Address (like 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x). So until Belkin update their firmware (again) there seems no way of using the F9 no-NAT option. I have been able to set it up on my Zoom USB ADSL modem (just about!) but it defeats the object!

Thanks again!

:? Smiley