cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Me Up for the last time Scotty

N/A

Great actor gone but never to be forgotten, has gone to the big engine room in the sky

Actor James Doohan, best known as the feisty, Scottish-accented chief engineer on television's original "Star Trek" series -- a role immortalized by the catch phrase "Beam me up, Scotty" -- died on Wednesday at age 85

Best Wishes and prayers
25 REPLIES
N/A

Always reminded me of a yorkshire terrier somehow. :shock:

Respect is due, and duly given.
Community Veteran

Indeeed a great shame, although I am far to young to remember the original broadcasts of ST: TOS I greatly enjoyed most TOS, TNG and voyager episodes I have seen and doubt the words "beam me up scotty" will ever be forgotten.

Last night on a news report the news reader / programme presenter on bbc local radio could be heard to find the actual report for this news amusing - whilst still reading it in a proffesional manner, the stating of the catchphrase in a typical BBC way - assuming no one knows who said it! Clearly amused him - in my opinion anyway!
N/A

The BBC World news (at around 1am ish) said that the words beam me up scotty were never actually said - is my mind playing tricks on me?
N/A

possibly, but I dont remember Kirk saying it, and why would scotty be in the transporter room anyway, apart from fixing the thing when it broke down and sent peoples matter half way across the known universe...which it often did!
Community Veteran

Dunno but on thinking about it the beeb didn't do much justice to Scotty they only mentioned the transporter room not his actual role as cheif engineer!
N/A

They did mention his book though - and a decent video of him in more recent times, still looking remarkably well in spite of his ill health.
Community Veteran

Yep, heard mention of book but don't watch too much telly tend to listen to radio oxford.
Metalguru
Grafter

Died age 85.

Has a son age 5.

Respect .
Community Veteran

Thats right the words "beam me up scotty" was never said. Similar reworded phrases did get used, but not those exact words.

Chris
holdtight
Grafter

Yep it is true the words "Beam me up scotty" were never actually said in any of the star trek series
great show loved them all
Metalguru
Grafter

Here's one for all you trekkie fans :-

Who said ...........

To the last I will grapple with thee!
No... You can't get away... From hell's heart I stab at thee.... For hate's sake... I spit my last breath at thee!

:?:
Community Veteran

Well I'll show my Trekie side! it was Khan.

Chris
Metalguru
Grafter

Very good ............

But ........ what was Khan 's full name ?

(Don't say Ghengis)

And ........... for an extra special bonus point .......

Who played him ?
Community Veteran

Ricardo Montalban played kahn but as for kahn's full name I dunno