cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bat Detectors

N/A

Bat Detectors

My main hobby, appart from the internet is using a bat detector to listen to the many bats flying around my garden.
I want to know if it is worth the extra money to upgrade to a frequency division bat detector as the one I have from Magenta became u/s after a few nights use.
They must have used cheap carbon track pots for the volume and kHz tuning dials so the volume/tuning became impossible to use.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Bat Detectors

> My main hobby, appart from the internet is using a bat detector to listen to the many bats flying around my garden.
> I want to know if it is worth the extra money to upgrade to a frequency division bat detector as the one I have from Magenta became u/s after a few nights use.
> They must have used cheap carbon track pots for the volume and kHz tuning dials so the volume/tuning became impossible to use.
> Thanks.

Wow!! I could have done with you a few months back We had a bat fly in our house. My hubby was worse than me and hid under a sheet We had to go outside and shine a torch at the window to encourage it to come out Sorry this dosnt help you but I thought I would mention it
Pam
N/A

> > My main hobby, appart from the internet is using a bat detector to listen to the many bats flying around my garden.
> > I want to know if it is worth the extra money to upgrade to a frequency division bat detector as the one I have from Magenta became u/s after a few nights use.
> > They must have used cheap carbon track pots for the volume and kHz tuning dials so the volume/tuning became impossible to use.
> > Thanks.
>
> Wow!! I could have done with you a few months back We had a bat fly in our house. My hubby was worse than me and hid under a sheet We had to go outside and shine a torch at the window to encourage it to come out Sorry this dosnt help you but I thought I would mention it
> Pam
>

One of my prevoius jobs was working in a hotel which was situated in the countryside.
One night, during the summer I got a task of trying to catch a bat which had ventured into a guests room.
It took me ages to catch the critter as it flew in zig-zag moves which proved to be very difficult to follow.
I caught the bat, much to the delight of the two guests and it proved to be quite an event as some more guests had gathered in the hallway to witness the task in hand...
N/A

> Wow!! I could have done with you a few months back We had a bat fly in our house. My hubby was worse than me and hid under a sheet We had to go outside and shine a torch at the window to encourage it to come out Sorry this dosnt help you but I thought I would mention it
> Pam

GordonBennetttttt.... what's a bat fly? :kill: