cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad slow service.

Marteknet
Grafter

Bad slow service.

Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
has anyone else had this problem.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Bad slow service.REPLY

> Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
> has anyone else had this problem.

Hi,
My upgrade from a F9 Bronze dial-up account to an ADSL account was very smooth indeed. The only thing
I can say is it seems perhaps that F9 should not have switched off your 0808 dial-up connection acount before you received the ADSL hardware. Perhaps your should have had your new hardware installed BEFORE the upgrading process. So I would concluded that there are certain steps or stages which were missed or happened the wrong way round (so it all went pear shaped for you, thats bad news and very unfortunate,I am sorry! to hear you had such a negative experience!)Hope this does get sorted out quickly for you.

Best Regards
Ivan
ivan@cyteck.co.uk
--
Marteknet
Grafter

RE: Bad slow service.REPLY

> > Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
> > has anyone else had this problem.
>
> Hi,
> My upgrade from a F9 Bronze dial-up account to an ADSL account was very smooth indeed. The only thing
> I can say is it seems perhaps that F9 should not have switched off your 0808 dial-up connection acount before you received the ADSL hardware. Perhaps your should have had your new hardware installed BEFORE the upgrading process. So I would concluded that there are certain steps or stages which were missed or happened the wrong way round (so it all went pear shaped for you, thats bad news and very unfortunate,I am sorry! to hear you had such a negative experience!)Hope this does get sorted out quickly for you.
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
> ivan@cyteck.co.uk
>
> --
>

Thanks for your reply Ivan. No it gets worse there is now an issue between F9 and there suppliers. so I am still without the hardware and the 0808 dial-in. I work in the Service Industry. and if I treated a customer so poorly I would be sacked instantly.
N/A

Further Reply Ivan

> > > Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
> > > has anyone else had this problem.
> >
> > Hi,
> > My upgrade from a F9 Bronze dial-up account to an ADSL account was very smooth indeed. The only thing
> > I can say is it seems perhaps that F9 should not have switched off your 0808 dial-up connection acount before you received the ADSL hardware. Perhaps your should have had your new hardware installed BEFORE the upgrading process. So I would concluded that there are certain steps or stages which were missed or happened the wrong way round (so it all went pear shaped for you, thats bad news and very unfortunate,I am sorry! to hear you had such a negative experience!)Hope this does get sorted out quickly for you.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Ivan
> > ivan@cyteck.co.uk
> >
> > --
> >
>
> Thanks for your reply Ivan. No it gets worse there is now an issue between F9 and there suppliers. so I am still without the hardware and the 0808 dial-in. I work in the Service Industry. and if I treated a customer so poorly I would be sacked instantly.

Hi,
I obviously dont know all the back ground to this situation but one thing I can agree with you on is that customer service & the quality of that service is what makes a company stand out from all the rest.
So to be let down is not only very annoying its very dis-heartening too. Clearly the hardware supplier has let F9 down and in turn you have also been let down. I have had this kind of experience too with hardware suppliers and I agree its NOT acceptable. Enough said and I genuinely hope F9 can sort it out. Have you thought about switching and doing a self install ADSL process, I managed it and would be happy to help if you decided on this?

Best Regards to you.
Ivan ratoyevsky
ivan@cyteck.co.uk

--
Marteknet
Grafter

RE: Further Reply Ivan

> > > > Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
> > > > has anyone else had this problem.
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > My upgrade from a F9 Bronze dial-up account to an ADSL account was very smooth indeed. The only thing
> > > I can say is it seems perhaps that F9 should not have switched off your 0808 dial-up connection acount before you received the ADSL hardware. Perhaps your should have had your new hardware installed BEFORE the upgrading process. So I would concluded that there are certain steps or stages which were missed or happened the wrong way round (so it all went pear shaped for you, thats bad news and very unfortunate,I am sorry! to hear you had such a negative experience!)Hope this does get sorted out quickly for you.
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > > Ivan
> > > ivan@cyteck.co.uk
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> >
> > Thanks for your reply Ivan. No it gets worse there is now an issue between F9 and there suppliers. so I am still without the hardware and the 0808 dial-in. I work in the Service Industry. and if I treated a customer so poorly I would be sacked instantly.
>
> Hi,
> I obviously dont know all the back ground to this situation but one thing I can agree with you on is that customer service & the quality of that service is what makes a company stand out from all the rest.
> So to be let down is not only very annoying its very dis-heartening too. Clearly the hardware supplier has let F9 down and in turn you have also been let down. I have had this kind of experience too with hardware suppliers and I agree its NOT acceptable. Enough said and I genuinely hope F9 can sort it out. Have you thought about switching and doing a self install ADSL process, I managed it and would be happy to help if you decided on this?
>
> Best Regards to you.
> Ivan ratoyevsky
> ivan@cyteck.co.uk
>
>
>
>
> --
>
Thanks very much for your kind offer of help Ivan. But things are now at the stage where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. err hang on a mo , ho no its an Force9 employee with a torch come to tell the good news and the bad news....

The good news is my order has been processed and is awaiting despatch, but the bad news is that the ADSL static IP Address has been destroyed by Force9.

ho bugger there goes another handful of hair...

I think its time to just sit here quietly and sob. or maybe look for another ISP who listens the people who generate there wages. "THEIR CUSTOMERS"

With any luck I will be on ADSL before it goes out of fashion.

Regards Peter.

N/A

RE: Yet Another Reply Ivan!!

> > > > > Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
> > > > > has anyone else had this problem.
> > > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > > My upgrade from a F9 Bronze dial-up account to an ADSL account was very smooth indeed. The only thing
> > > > I can say is it seems perhaps that F9 should not have switched off your 0808 dial-up connection acount before you received the ADSL hardware. Perhaps your should have had your new hardware installed BEFORE the upgrading process. So I would concluded that there are certain steps or stages which were missed or happened the wrong way round (so it all went pear shaped for you, thats bad news and very unfortunate,I am sorry! to hear you had such a negative experience!)Hope this does get sorted out quickly for you.
> > > >
> > > > Best Regards
> > > > Ivan
> > > > ivan@cyteck.co.uk
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > >
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply Ivan. No it gets worse there is now an issue between F9 and there suppliers. so I am still without the hardware and the 0808 dial-in. I work in the Service Industry. and if I treated a customer so poorly I would be sacked instantly.
> >
> > Hi,
> > I obviously dont know all the back ground to this situation but one thing I can agree with you on is that customer service & the quality of that service is what makes a company stand out from all the rest.
> > So to be let down is not only very annoying its very dis-heartening too. Clearly the hardware supplier has let F9 down and in turn you have also been let down. I have had this kind of experience too with hardware suppliers and I agree its NOT acceptable. Enough said and I genuinely hope F9 can sort it out. Have you thought about switching and doing a self install ADSL process, I managed it and would be happy to help if you decided on this?
> >
> > Best Regards to you.
> > Ivan ratoyevsky
> > ivan@cyteck.co.uk
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> Thanks very much for your kind offer of help Ivan. But things are now at the stage where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. err hang on a mo , ho no its an Force9 employee with a torch come to tell the good news and the bad news....
>
> The good news is my order has been processed and is awaiting despatch, but the bad news is that the ADSL static IP Address has been destroyed by Force9.
>
> ho bugger there goes another handful of hair...
>
> I think its time to just sit here quietly and sob. or maybe look for another ISP who listens the people who generate there wages. "THEIR CUSTOMERS"
>
> With any luck I will be on ADSL before it goes out of fashion.
>
> Regards Peter.
>
>Hi Peter,
Me thinks the moral of this story is self installation? which means buying the kit it yourself & installing it too! But this way you have to take all the responsability too! I managed it and I glad I did it this way too. I am once again so sorry! to hear your tale of wow and I still very much agree that you've been badly let down and there's no excuse. People should not make promises that they cannot completely deliver to customers any time any place anywhere.

Having said all that I still feel you would be very hard pushed to find a better ISP,even after your hassles. You might end up deeply regretting it as other ISP's could be x10 worse. Best Regards
Ivan

PS: At the very least F9 do tend to admitt there faults & mistakes.

--
Marteknet
Grafter

RE: Yet Another Reply Ivan!!

> > > > > > Has anyone else received poor service, I upgraded to ADSL on the 26/9/02 the line was checked by BT and Force9 wisely decided to turn off my 0808 standard connect dial in before shipping the hardware to me. I can now only access my account using the 0845 number. its costing me a packet.
> > > > > > has anyone else had this problem.
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > My upgrade from a F9 Bronze dial-up account to an ADSL account was very smooth indeed. The only thing
> > > > > I can say is it seems perhaps that F9 should not have switched off your 0808 dial-up connection acount before you received the ADSL hardware. Perhaps your should have had your new hardware installed BEFORE the upgrading process. So I would concluded that there are certain steps or stages which were missed or happened the wrong way round (so it all went pear shaped for you, thats bad news and very unfortunate,I am sorry! to hear you had such a negative experience!)Hope this does get sorted out quickly for you.
> > > > >
> > > > > Best Regards
> > > > > Ivan
> > > > > ivan@cyteck.co.uk
> > > > >
> > > > > --
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for your reply Ivan. No it gets worse there is now an issue between F9 and there suppliers. so I am still without the hardware and the 0808 dial-in. I work in the Service Industry. and if I treated a customer so poorly I would be sacked instantly.
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > I obviously dont know all the back ground to this situation but one thing I can agree with you on is that customer service & the quality of that service is what makes a company stand out from all the rest.
> > > So to be let down is not only very annoying its very dis-heartening too. Clearly the hardware supplier has let F9 down and in turn you have also been let down. I have had this kind of experience too with hardware suppliers and I agree its NOT acceptable. Enough said and I genuinely hope F9 can sort it out. Have you thought about switching and doing a self install ADSL process, I managed it and would be happy to help if you decided on this?
> > >
> > > Best Regards to you.
> > > Ivan ratoyevsky
> > > ivan@cyteck.co.uk
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > Thanks very much for your kind offer of help Ivan. But things are now at the stage where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. err hang on a mo , ho no its an Force9 employee with a torch come to tell the good news and the bad news....
> >
> > The good news is my order has been processed and is awaiting despatch, but the bad news is that the ADSL static IP Address has been destroyed by Force9.
> >
> > ho bugger there goes another handful of hair...
> >
> > I think its time to just sit here quietly and sob. or maybe look for another ISP who listens the people who generate there wages. "THEIR CUSTOMERS"
> >
> > With any luck I will be on ADSL before it goes out of fashion.
> >
> > Regards Peter.
> >
> >Hi Peter,
> Me thinks the moral of this story is self installation? which means buying the kit it yourself & installing it too! But this way you have to take all the responsability too! I managed it and I glad I did it this way too. I am once again so sorry! to hear your tale of wow and I still very much agree that you've been badly let down and there's no excuse. People should not make promises that they cannot completely deliver to customers any time any place anywhere.
>
> Having said all that I still feel you would be very hard pushed to find a better ISP,even after your hassles. You might end up deeply regretting it as other ISP's could be x10 worse. Best Regards
> Ivan
>
> PS: At the very least F9 do tend to admitt there faults & mistakes.
>
>
>
> --
>

Hi Ivan.

Yes I got there in the end. Thanks to anyone at support, Sam was especially quick in resolving the static IP issue.

Many thanks to every it was worth the wait.

Regards Peter