cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT

N/A

BT

Why on earth are they allowed to get away with being so fking useless?
A while ago I rang bt and asked them to sort the gain out on my line due to some dialup problems and they assured me this was done. 3 weeks ago I failed the adsl test by 1dB and I rang BT again to optimise the gain on my line, which they duly did thus proving that the phone jockey the first time either had no idea what I was talking about or simply couldn't be arsed as it blatently wasn't done. I reapply through plusnet for adsl activation again and I'm told the 3rd of March is when it will be done. Now today I'm told that BT have decided to delay it until the 10th of March. So from my initial order date of 10th Feb I'm still waiting. If this was any other service company they would be out of business by now.
Assholes! The top brass at BT should be flogged to death in the middle of London. How on earth do they get away with it?

Rant finished and I feel no beter Sad
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BT

Most of the time, this is due to lack of equipment, gurentee service contracts being fulfilled and other items, that are of more importance to them.

While I don't mean to be rude, BT would prefer to fulfill a service contract with regards to faulty equipment of a business customer, then to setup a new ADSL customer.

Why, because they know the new ADSL customer can't go anywhere, where they have to keep a agreement between them and a business sweet.

However, if there is lack or space at the exchange, I aint sure where you expect the to pull the equipment from.

Managing a network as large as a local excahnge (forget the country), is a hard business. While many can't stand the pain of not coming first, others understand there are a lot of issues to deal with, and some actualy understand that it isn't just them that is pugged into the exchange that have needs.
N/A

RE: BT

>
> While I don't mean to be rude, BT would prefer to fulfill a service contract with regards to faulty equipment of a business customer, then to setup a new ADSL customer.
>
> Why, because they know the new ADSL customer can't go anywhere, where they have to keep a agreement between them and a business sweet.
>
> However, if there is lack or space at the exchange, I aint sure where you expect the to pull the equipment from.
>

Did you even bother reading my post? The whole point of it was the lack of customer service from BT. I care not abut the exchange itsself, but when I am told something is going to be done by a company I pay a portion of my salary to for thier service I expect it to be done. Quite simply on several occasions BT have said yes they will do work or work will be done on this given date. This is not what actually happened. You want me to explain it further?


> Managing a network as large as a local excahnge (forget the country), is a hard business. While many can't stand the pain of not coming first, others understand there are a lot of issues to deal with, and some actualy understand that it isn't just them that is pugged into the exchange that have needs.


It's not a matter of not coming first, it's a matter of being a given a date for work to be completed and then the deadline just being ignored until I, the customer, point out the shortcoming and then a new deadline is set for a week later.


>>and some actualy understand that it isn't just them that is pugged into the exchange that have needs.


Grow up and have the ability not to just try and score point but argue like an adult. Did I mention anything about anyone else or even the exchange as a whole? My point was that if the work had been done by the engineer when I specifically asked them to 3 months ago then my line would not have failed it's first test and I would have had adsl connection 4 weeks ago. It just highlights (as you did with your point about business accounts being more important than adsl customer accounts) the level of basic customer service that BT are unable to give.
N/A

RE: BT

I've always found the 'phones side of BT to be pretty good and helpful.

When I asked for an increase in the line gain, it was done - and *I knew it was done* because my dial-up access improved.

When I got myself on to the wrong tariff, they changed it and waived the charge.

When I needed a geezer to come round and fix a dodgy wire, they re-routed all my calls to my mobile - in half an hour - and the geezer was round in two days ... no charge.

Maybe the people at the other end just take offence at your manner. I know I would.

> >
> > moan, moan, moan. Whinge, whine, whinge.
N/A

RE: BT

> I've always found the 'phones side of BT to be pretty good and helpful.
>
> When I asked for an increase in the line gain, it was done - and *I knew it was done* because my dial-up access improved.
>
> When I got myself on to the wrong tariff, they changed it and waived the charge.
>
> When I needed a geezer to come round and fix a dodgy wire, they re-routed all my calls to my mobile - in half an hour - and the geezer was round in two days ... no charge.
>
> Maybe the people at the other end just take offence at your manner. I know I would.
>
> > >

>

And you base that highly evolved opinion on what? You don't know anything about yet you think you are qualified to make sweeping statements about my personality and the way I interact from one post in reply to a person who totally missed the point of a slightly toungue in cheek email.

I wouldn't mind your point of view if just about half of Britain wasn't utterly fed up with BT and the way they treat thier customers.

And the manner in which I talk to people?

> > > moan, moan, moan. Whinge, whine, whinge.

Tantamount to name calling. Hello Mr Pot.
N/A

RE: BT

<snip>
> And you base that highly evolved opinion on what? (1) You don't know anything about yet you think you are qualified to make sweeping statements (2) about my personality and the way I interact from one post in reply to a person who totally missed the point of a slightly toungue in cheek email.(3)
>
> I wouldn't mind your point of view if just about half of Britain (4) wasn't utterly fed up with BT and the way they treat thier customers.
>
> And the manner in which I talk to people? (5)
>
> > > > moan, moan, moan. Whinge, whine, whinge.
>
> Tantamount to name calling. Hello Mr Pot.(6)

(1) Based on your obnoxious manner in here to both myself and Philip Andrew Richardson.
(2) You want sweeping statements? See (4)
(3) Now based on three posts here.
(4) A sweeping statement if ever there was one.
(5) See (3)
(6) Well, what was it you originally posted here if it wasn't a long whinge? Oh yeah, see also (1)
N/A

RE: BT

> <snip>
> > And you base that highly evolved opinion on what? (1) You don't know anything about yet you think you are qualified to make sweeping statements (2) about my personality and the way I interact from one post in reply to a person who totally missed the point of a slightly toungue in cheek email.(3)
> >
> > I wouldn't mind your point of view if just about half of Britain (4) wasn't utterly fed up with BT and the way they treat thier customers.
> >
> > And the manner in which I talk to people? (5)
> >
> > > > > moan, moan, moan. Whinge, whine, whinge.
> >
> > Tantamount to name calling. Hello Mr Pot.(6)
>
> (1) Based on your obnoxious manner in here to both myself and Philip Andrew Richardson.
> (2) You want sweeping statements? See (4)
> (3) Now based on three posts here.
> (4) A sweeping statement if ever there was one.
> (5) See (3)
> (6) Well, what was it you originally posted here if it wasn't a long whinge? Oh yeah, see also (1)
>

(1) Obnoxious because I have a totally opposed opinion to you and I aren't scared of telling you? I used no profanties, name calling or any other offensive material, but becaus eI don't agree with you in a sycophantic way I'm obnoxious? OK - whatever Wink
(2) You're telling me hte majority of this country really love the service BT provide? I suggest you talk to someone instead of applying your own sweeping statements ("My dealing with BT's are ok so everyone else's must be and your's aren't becuase your whinger")
(3) People get married after 3 dates? Same principle.
(4) A genralisation based on slightly more fact than your opposed opinion.
(5) See (1).
(6) "Tongue in cheek" - you do have the ability to understand humour (no matter how funny you don't think it is), or do you really believe I would like to see the top brass at BT publically flogged?

All in all a well thought out flame on someone you know nothing about.
N/A

RE: BT

Just another addition before you all start slandering me again ;p

Line failed test once again this morning. Rang BT, spoke to fault repoting services:

"Hi, can I report a fault on my line please"

"Whats the problem Mr Norman?"

"The ADSL activation has failed for the second time, I just wondered if you could shed any light on it for me please?"

"Have you checked phnes, sky box etc attacehd to the phone lines?"

"Yes I did that when I called you last time on 24th Feb and only a small attentuation was reported, I also had the gain optimised which "appeared" so solve the problem."

"I'll just check the line for you....."

"There is a fault on the line and we have to make an appointment with you for an angineer to come out"

"Is this a new fault"

"I doubt it"

"Could I not have been told about this fault and the fact that I personally couldn't do anything about it the first 2 times I rang your faults department?"

"You probably should have been Mr Norman"

Arrangments made....

Surely thats how it should have been the first time, or maybe even the second? It would have saved me a load of angst. It probably would have stopped the plusnet customer support sweeties being irritated my excessive enthusiasm for getting adsl Wink

Thanks to the +Net support team for doing all they can to help.
N/A

RE: BT

See. A bit of politeness goes a long way ...

><snip>
>
> Surely thats how it should have been the first time, or maybe even the second? It would have saved me a load of angst. It probably would have stopped the plusnet customer support sweeties being irritated my excessive enthusiasm for getting adsl Wink
>
> Thanks to the +Net support team for doing all they can to help.

N/A

RE: BT

> See. A bit of politeness goes a long way ...
>

And who on earth do you think you are to assume that I wasn't polite the first time? I have at no point been impolite or rude to anyone in my dealings with BT or PlusNet. I am well aware of the stress and general unpleasantness caused by dealing with members of the public. I was saying a thankyou to PlusNet for thier patience with this matter as the delay is no fault of thier own and they have been helpful all along even though I may be a "customer" who can't use thier services.

You have absolutely no right taking the moral high ground when you aren't privy to any of the information of any of the conversations I've had with BT. All my message was doing was highlighting the innefectual (at times) service that BT fault repairs give which was my point in the very first instance.

If small minded assumptions and smug remarks are all you can manage I suggest you steer clear of any other rational debates and/or conversations in the near future as I'm sure your responses aren't really doing you justice.

Many thanks for the pearls of wisdom you so kindly spread over what started as a tongue in cheek pop at BT and thier fault resolution policy. Let's no consider this a finish as the engineer shall be here tomorrow and my line will be activated next wednesday (all being well)

Gareth Norman.
N/A

RE: BT

Life is too short to complain about our belongings as we cannot take it with us.

Appreciate what you have in life as this is the land of milk and honey. Not many countries in the world can offer people a telephone, jobs and money to buy food with a roof over our heads.

Now appreciate what you have in life and don't take life for granted you shmuck!!!

May there be peace in this world without any arrogant self-centered bastards who don't value life as a whole.

Love thy neighbour. Smile and world will smile with you.

Seek peace!

(BT is made in Britian) Appreciate

Respect!





N/A

RE: BT

Life is too short to complain about our belongings as we cannot take it with us.

Appreciate what you have in life as this is the land of milk and honey. Not many countries in the world can offer people a telephone, jobs and money to buy food with a roof over our heads.

Now appreciate what you have in life and don't take life for granted you shmuck!!!

May there be peace in this world without any arrogant self-centered bastards who don't value life as a whole.

Love thy neighbour. Smile and world will smile with you.

Seek peace!

(BT is made in Britian) Appreciate

Respect!





N/A

RE: BT

> Life is too short to complain about our belongings as we cannot take it with us.
> <snip>

I suggets you lay of the crack pipea little sonny Wink


N/A

RE: BT

Mazzelaar I had the same problem with BT.

However, I approched it from another angle after many calls and no action.

Consider how long your phone line from your house to the pole has been there. If it's been in place for as long as you can remember the chances are that the copper wires have perished.

If you can, lean out of your window with a brush (long handle ) and bump it up and down a few times. If the line breaks then phone BT and tell them that the line has broken! It then becomes their responsiblity!!!

I'm not advising you to break it on purpose though.

Hope this helps, I know how these things can give you brain burn.


--
:bandit:
N/A

RE: BT

> Mazzelaar I had the same problem with BT.
>
> However, I approched it from another angle after many calls and no action.
>
> Consider how long your phone line from your house to the pole has been there. If it's been in place for as long as you can remember the chances are >that the copper wires have perished.

The housing estate is only 18 months old. I have lived in my house only 7 months so I don't think the problem is there.

In addition to my previous post about the BT engineer coming out. He was due to arrive between 1-3. At 3.15 he rang my house telling me he couldn't come as it wasn't a BT extension (it had been put in by the builder of the house) therefore it wasn't BT's problem and if I Wanted he could come and disconnect it for a fee. Why didn't the phone jockey on friday tell me this your ask? Who knows. I turned down the offer and disconnected the offending extension myself. Now. My ADSL was due to be connected friday (and I know it would being as I have a friend who works for BT R&D and I asked him sweetly to test theline for me (no faults) and suprisingly enough - it hasn't \o/

I love BT.