cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT take a looonnnggggg time

N/A

BT take a looonnnggggg time

i wonder how long bt will take to do the checks and enable my line it does seem a little much that it is a 7 - 10 day wait this leaves me shaking at my seat like an expectant father with all the worries of the world

anyway

Why are we waiting we are suffocating oh why........
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BT take a looonnnggggg time

> i wonder how long bt will take to do the checks and enable my line it does seem a little much that it is a 7 - 10 day wait this leaves me shaking at my seat like an expectant father with all the worries of the world
>
> anyway
>
> Why are we waiting we are suffocating oh why........

Chill Out mate, my ADSL line took about 4-8weeks for BT to ADSL enable so I wouldnt hold your breath otherwise you'll soon expire completely!!!Uhhh!!!

--
N/A

If you already have your ADSL equipment, there's no harm in setting it up ready. It means you might get an early indication of any problems which might arise (eg with installing drivers, or with booting your system with an ADSL modem attached) possibly giving you an opportunity to resolve them now and get them out of the way for later on. Also, you'll have that big moment when you notice the "Sync" light is no longer flashing, confirming that the wait is almost over... But, there again, that might make the wait even more excruciating, and perhaps you're holding off on acquiring equipment until you've had confirmation that your line is suitable?
N/A

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes BT to confirm all ok once a line is activated and for the hardware to be dispached? my line was activated on mondy am, now wednesday am, F9 still havent registered that my line is ready!
N/A

>my line was activated on mondy am, now wednesday am, F9 still havent registered that my line is ready!
>

Hi Chris,

Your ADSL line has not yet been activated according to BT. The last record we have is from yesterday, when they stated that they had removed a D-DACS (A line sharing device which is incompatible with ADSL) from your line.

In our experience this means BT are 24 to 48 hours from activating your line, so it may well happen today. We get updates twice daily from BT. These are rarely more than 24 hours behind reality and in most cases are very up to date. As soon as BT inform us that your line is active we will dispatch your hardware via Parcelforce.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
Force9 Customer Support
N/A

Hi Aaron,

It looks like this is a newly enabled broadband exchange, and the initial target date for activations was seemingly delayed by a day or two.

BT state that they expect all of the orders on your exchange to be activated tomorrow, so fingers crossed that they will do it in the morning and update us in the afternoon.

If you do already have ADSL equipment, and see syncronisation on your line, you should try connecting using the details we provide. If you get a username / pasword rejected error then it often works to wait 15 minutes and try again. If our systems see your line trying to connect, we will automatically activate your account, even if BT haven't yet confirmed it as active.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
Force9 Customer Support
N/A

> Hi Aaron,
>
> It looks like this is a newly enabled broadband exchange, and the initial target date for activations was seemingly delayed by a day or two.
>
> BT state that they expect all of the orders on your exchange to be activated tomorrow, so fingers crossed that they will do it in the morning and update us in the afternoon.
>
> If you do already have ADSL equipment, and see syncronisation on your line, you should try connecting using the details we provide. If you get a username / pasword rejected error then it often works to wait 15 minutes and try again. If our systems see your line trying to connect, we will automatically activate your account, even if BT haven't yet confirmed it as active.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> Force9 Customer Support

COOL i cant wait i did already buy my hardware (not reccomended i know) but i really wanted this really cool looking netgear router (the engineer in me i guess) as for install issues i'm used to that i'm a linux network engineer so i'm used to troubleshooting

oh well i guess i'll carry on waiting and see how it goes thanx again F9
N/A

My line was enabled yesterday - how long before Force9 dispatches my Starter Kit. Now my line is enabled I can't use my cordless phone as I don't have a splitter yet!

I knew I would be impatient to get my connection but forgot how irritating it is to use a corded phone!! Also I can't use my modem either <SIGH>

Bill

> i wonder how long bt will take to do the checks and enable my line it does seem a little much that it is a 7 - 10 day wait this leaves me shaking at my seat like an expectant father with all the worries of the world
>
> anyway
>

N/A

> My line was enabled yesterday - how long before Force9 dispatches my Starter Kit. Now my line is enabled I can't use my cordless phone as I don't have a splitter yet!
>

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but according to BT, your line is not yet active. Bear in mind that there is a lot of backend configuration they have to do once they physically connect your ADSL Line so if your only info regarding this was that your line had changed then there is stilla final hurdle to cross.

We always dispatch modems on the same day as activation, provided BT tell us they have completed their side before 4PM. The chances are that this will all happen tomorrow, but depending on your local Parcelforce delivery schedules, that does mean you could be waiting until after the weekend.

If you keepo an eye on the ADSLTracker on our portal you will be able to see when BT activate your line, and when the hardware has been dispatched.

Regards,

Ian Wild
F9 Customer Support