cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT and their so called "customer Service"

N/A

I emailed BT and asked them if they could inform me of when my local exchange would be upgraded so that i could have a <2mb connection. Only becuase the usertools supplied by force 9 state that my exchange would be upgraded april - may time. We are now rushing towards July. They replied with a sales response. Thanks for contacting us, our inital tests say blah blah blah. If you wish to make an order we can test this further.
So i replied asking the question again, in a slightly firmer approach. They replied after two days basically saying i need to speak to my ISP to find this information out.

So im asking everyone that reads this, When will i be able to have a 2mb connectionHuh? I ask this because the people that could give me the definate answer, DONT HAVE A BLOOMING CLUE. :?
MANY THANKS BT. :twisted: :twisted:
10 REPLIES
N/A

BT & upgrading to 2MB's replying Ivan

Hello onelove25,

First of all I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND your feelings, to be honest with you BT are a complete pain in the behined. Although this is cold comfort to you I'm sure but BT must be quite possibly THE worst company for customer communications, and even with ISP's like F9 and Plusnet they are dreadful.

**When BT do things it always tends to be at snails pace and even thats quick for BT. BT is a huge dinosaure of a company and it takes them ages to even register the fact that something might need installing, fixing or repairing.

**A definate date from BT to actually do something! and then really do it, come on I think pink things with floppy ears might fly.

** I feel sure BT's attitude is well its a bulk upgrade and your getting it for free so you have no right to complain, "so what" if we take a couple of months more to get around to doing your exchange. Frankly with BT its a wating game and we are all in the same boat as it where. But we might have all drowned by the time BT show up to resue us.

**Even ISP's like F9 Plusnet cannot force BT's pace on these upgrades.

**If you cannot wait for the free upgrade then of course you could potentialy go for the ultra fast option (by BT's standards anyway?) and go for a paid upgrade,which is what I did myself and I have to say its the best £14.99 I've spent in ages. My connection was upgraded with 24Hrs to the full 2Mgs. Funny that isnt it when it goes Kaching Kaching something else happens? :roll:

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
deepfatfrier
Grafter

Re: BT & upgrading to 2MB's replying Ivan

First of all I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND your feelings, to be honest with you BT are a complete pain in the behined.

The only person I know who could agree with you more than me, is my friend who has been trying to get his line problems sorted for the last 6 months.
He's been asked if he's checked his modem's sleep function however many hundred times, and got nowhere until he recently got into BT's "inner sanctum" as he put it. Finally, it turns out his line is generating too many errors and he's being dropped back down.

As for the line regrades, don't worry onelove25! Mine was supposed to be done in May, which naturally came and went with no news. Then finally I got done on the 25th of June, and hope to be unthrottled sometime in the next day or 2 (if you read this Bob, I'm sync'd at 2Mb, so just do it damnit! :twistedSmiley. Just wait patiently, it'll get done eventually! Wink
N/A

Re: BT and their so called "customer Service"

They are truly wonderful aren't they? According to the BT website my exchange was to be upgraded by 13th July (that date has been there for months). So I submitted a 2Mb order to F9 on the 10th in anticipation. The 13th came, I checked the website, and it said I could now get broadband. The excitement was building, but then the bubble burst when I checked again today and now it says it'll be done by July 22nd. I have a feeling someone will keep adding days to this for months on end, and like you I have been unable to get anyone at BT to answer anything outside of what their website says.

Depressing doesn't even cover it, incompetence on a grand scale might though.
N/A

someone should start a poll:

BT - good or necessary evil?

Bet i know what the resounding answer would be Wink
N/A

BT have customer service ?

Never !
N/A

BT and their wonderful customer service Ivan

Hi Spink,

The way I see it is that BT do have customer service BUT only if your a BT Yahoo or BT openworld ISP customer, I've seen several people with BT as their ISP get faults resolved,upgrades done,etc,etc and it does appear to me that BT ISP customers DO actually get preferntial treatment over everyone else when it comes to customer service (I wonder why?). I must be getting cynical?

Ivan
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
N/A

Its just a damn shame that companies like that cant take our views on baord - i know people are busy in their working life but perhaps they wouldnt be so busy if they knew how to respond to the questions they are asked. Maybe a....
"Im sorry, but i can not tell you an exact date for your exchange upgrade" would of been better then - if you want to place an order we can look into this further. If you read the question you would know i am allready with an ISP.

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH
God i hate inept people that cant run a business or a department.
:twisted: :twisted:
N/A

BT Pain Ivan

Hi,

I agree completely with your sentiments entirely!! BT are a pain!!

Ivan
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
N/A

i asked Force9 if i was to cancel my subsciption with them and start a new one would i go to the 2mb or what ever my line would take. Their reply - pay 15 squid now for upgrade or wait approx 6 weeks. How about people dont beat around the bush and do some research for their customers - at least that way we would love F9 even more. And of course still hate BT and their custoemr service from hell.
N/A

lol im enjuring this now, some fault with my line, phones dont work and internet connection hardly works, they didnt even give a ref number to track the fault progress :S