cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT acquisition

N/A

BT acquisition

What do people think about the acquisition by BT?

On the one hand, we'll get access to BT Vision and BT Fusion, which is good.

On the other hand, if we have to pay BT rates for phone calls on some ridiculous Together package, that would be very, very bad. As someone who makes quite a few calls to the States, the Anytime package on PlusNet with international calls is great. BT doesn't do anything like that.

I really hope the PlusNet phone packages don't go away but I fear it is inevitable once acquired by BT.

Ashley
4 REPLIES
N/A

BT acquisition

Can't be all bad with BT taking over PlusNet - At least it will be just one company to blame for problem issues. Just hope BT will leave Plus Net alone and not make into into another BT Openworld...
N/A

BT acquisition

Well, I don't use the PlusNET phone package, but does this mean us unlucky subscribers who got shafted (sorry shunted) off to Tiscali LLU would all end up back on BT IPStream? I hope so, as it's a much better place to be!

I've had no end of problems (disconnections) since we were moved to an LLU service.
shellsong
Grafter

BT acquisition

Can't be all bad with BT taking over PlusNet - At least it will be just one company to blame for problem issues. Just hope BT will leave Plus Net alone and not make into into another BT Openworld...

Actually it won't make much difference because the seperate bits of BT work completely independently of each other-- and they all tend to be buck passers and "jobsworths"! (As in "It's more than my job's worth!" for the uninitiated Tongue )
Community Veteran

BT acquisition

Hey Guys,

I'm locking this thread to allow conversation on the BT Offer for PlusNet to concentrate on one thread as it's becoming rather confusing having multiple threads on the same subject with new ones still cropping up without existing threads being read first.

As such could we please direct any conversation on the BT Offer to the original thread started by Liam here.

Many Thanks,

Daniel