cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband (Unlimited) £22.99

N/A

BT man on the phone said that their £22.99 is unlimited BUT usuage limits might come in Sept. 2005 if they decide to.
3 REPLIES
N/A

NOT the point I think Ivan

Hi garytester,

Ya!! right it might sound like a good price and yes! they might say its unlimited, but come on do you REALLY want BT too be your ISP?Huh. BT Yahoo & BT Open world are frankly, well how can I put it politely utterly aweful & utterly r****sh as providors. I wouldnt touch them with a very long thick insulated barge pole.

**I was horrified that my hard work on my friends brand spanking new PC was infected in about 3seconds flat after connecting to BT Open world for the first time, thats how good BT are. BT dont appear to manage there network correctly or block certain ports which might prevent worms,scripts or viruses spreading. BT's network as an ISP seems like a free for all, its full of detritious and goodness only knows what?.

**Forget Unlimited marketing statements thats NOT what matters here in my opinion its the quality of how the network is managed at the highest levels. OK so Force9 Plusnet might not be perfect but you know F9 do manage their network reasonably well. Virus attacks are taken seriously and attempts to block or prevent further spread are taken you cannot say that of BT who clearly are just not bothered at all.

I.E. Quality NOT Quantity I'd say

Ivan

--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
N/A

I agree with cyteck,

In general I try not to have BT involved in anything I do if at all possible, as they always seem to mess something up! Also BT are a little like AOL in that they use proprietary apps to dial up if you are using a modem rather than a router, and these are a real pain when you run into problems!

I've also had a couple of freinds on BT and must say thier installs seem to get very shakey, very quickly, possibly due to the issues mentioned by cyteck.
N/A

do you REALLY want BT too be your ISP?Huh

NO, NEVER!!!!!! :twisted:

(lost a lot of money to them in the past)

I wouldnt touch them with a very long thick insulated barge pole

Ok thats a bit drastic, i know people who are usiang them and havent had their life totally destroyed by them, but they are pretty crap!

I was horrified that my hard work on my friends brand spanking new PC was infected in about 3seconds flat after connecting to BT Open world for the first time, thats how good BT are. BT dont appear to manage there network correctly or block certain ports which might prevent worms,scripts or viruses spreading. BT's network as an ISP seems like a free for all, its full of detritious and goodness only knows what?

Dont blame BT for that, i have had that with F9 many times, when you freshly install and O/S on a PC (new/old) you must make sure you install a anti-virus and fire-wall before you even think about connecting to the internet, or you can just install SP2 from a disk etc. Otherwise you will get over-run! Then as soon as you connect, go and install the windows updates!

Forget Unlimited marketing statements thats NOT what matters here in my opinion its the quality of how the network is managed at the highest levels. OK so Force9 Plusnet might not be perfect but you know F9 do manage their network reasonably well. Virus attacks are taken seriously and attempts to block or prevent further spread are taken you cannot say that of BT who clearly are just not bothered at all.

1. Totally agree that F9 totally >BT

2. I would never expect an ISP to protect me from a virus, its not their job, if you do rely on them then your a FOOL Tongue
Its not that they cant be bothered its that its not their job to that!