cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Technical Problems?

Community Veteran

BBC Technical Problems?

Is anyone having trouble with any of the following radio stations?

BBC Oxford
BBC Berkshire
BBC Kent
BBC Solent
BBC Southern Counties

Could anyone who has got Charlie Crocker could you tell me which station?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BBC Technical Problems?

Got confirmation from Charlie (presenter) all seems to be back to normal now. Mods feel free to lock.
Brickinit
Grafter

BBC Technical Problems?

i find it very scary that someone actually listens to BBC Radio local and admits to missing it :shock:
Community Veteran

BBC Technical Problems?

Nothing wrong with the beeb's local provision. Whilst not exactly "cool" I find a fair bit of the content quite interesting and especially enjoy Charlie Crocker and Paul Miller on the stations listed above.

It's all horses for courses, I have never been part of the cool crowd and am not bothered wether I am or not.
Brickinit
Grafter

BBC Technical Problems?

i drive around quite a bit in the areas you have mentioned and when the traffic reports have finished and the radio fails to cut back to the channel i was listening to the presenter sound exactly the same whichever station that has remained on. and when i have tried to listen to solent they a " quiz " on each morning and it seems to be the same people ring in ever day to give the answers, which make it appear to me that there are not many listeners.but like you say it's a matter of choise :?
Community Veteran

BBC Technical Problems?

Don't really listen to Solent only when I'm down at my Great Nan's and can't get Oxford. But it doesn't suprise me they have the same presenters for the same times each week day for example BBC Oxford's Schedule mon - fri:

05:00-07:00 Phil Mercer
07:00-10:00 Anne Diamond
10:00-13:00 Danny Cox - Includes the lunchtime news
13:00-16:00 Alison Booker
16:00-19:00 Bill Hiene - He actually used to be at lunchtimes but so many of the same people called when they did a big shake up he moved to rush hour in an attempt to get more people calling - in addition to the regulars of course, It seems to have worked and covers a lot more issues than it did before.
19:00-22:00 Charlie Crocker - Includes a specalist music hour
22:00-01:00 Paul Miller - Mon to Thur with the 3=1 drives everyone nuts and a guest after 11 and I always fall asleep on the interesting guests. Friday hangman and some random tounge in cheek topic of conversation.
01:00-05:00 Up All Night (Five Live Link Up)