cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

N/A

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I'm very dissappointed to be one of PLUS.NET customer!!! I was looking for non-yearly contract broadband connection. So, I called the customer service regarding this issue. I was told that the £33++ package suited me! Then I signed for this package without any consideration and I followed the link as told!

The end of the day, I decided to terminate my connection as I shifted to a new house. I requested for cancellation of my account then.

If I had never asked plus.net about this, I would never known that I was signed under yearly contract.

- VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
- LIAR!!!
- NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

N/B:
Blueyonder provides non-yearly contract broadband!!! Don't go for this service...

Regards,

Tiong
Dissappointed customer
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

> I'm very dissappointed to be one of PLUS.NET customer!!! I was looking for non-yearly contract broadband connection. So, I called the customer service regarding this issue. I was told that the £33++ package suited me! Then I signed for this package without any consideration and I followed the link as told!
>
> The end of the day, I decided to terminate my connection as I shifted to a new house. I requested for cancellation of my account then.
>
> If I had never asked plus.net about this, I would never known that I was signed under yearly contract.
>
> - VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
> - LIAR!!!
> - NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
>
> N/B:
> Blueyonder provides non-yearly contract broadband!!! Don't go for this service...
>
> Regards,
>
> Tiong
> Dissappointed customer

How on earth can you blame plusnet for you not bothering to read anything and signing up blindly? It's got nothing to do with poor customer service it's to do with you messing up and being upset that you can't break contracts at will.
N/A

Regardless of what customer service told you, you should allways read a contract, no matter what you have been told.

Would you trust what your bank manager says is in a contract?
N/A

> Would you trust what your bank manager says is in a contract?

So what's the use of customer service? for cheating purposes? For God sake!!! Come on... I agree about I didn't really check the termns and conditions. But is that plus.net deal with customer? Recommended me for £33++ package n finally let me down by telling me that this is my fault for not reading the terms and conditionsHuh

Is that how they dealt with people?

Regarding UPSET (gnorman), the sales person who told me about this package. The sales peson works for plus.net so, should i blame the person or the company? or should i blame myself for following what sales person said bout that?

but as I said, once I've signed for the contract, plus.net can say what they want. this is how they make business. What is hard to cancel my contract? than mouth to mouth bad recommendation?

how many customers they lost? think about it!

Tiong
N/A

> > Would you trust what your bank manager says is in a contract?
>
> So what's the use of customer service? for cheating purposes? For God sake!!! Come on... I agree about I didn't really check the termns and conditions. But is that plus.net deal with customer? Recommended me for £33++ package n finally let me down by telling me that this is my fault for not reading the terms and conditionsHuh
>
> Is that how they dealt with people?
>
> Regarding UPSET (gnorman), the sales person who told me about this package. The sales peson works for plus.net so, should i blame the person or the company? or should i blame myself for following what sales person said bout that?
>
> but as I said, once I've signed for the contract, plus.net can say what they want. this is how they make business. What is hard to cancel my contract? than mouth to mouth bad recommendation?
>
> how many customers they lost? think about it!
>
> Tiong

Hi,

I would ask you to restrict your postings to one forum until Support have had an opportunity to respond to you. This thread is off topic for this forum.

The fact is that the spread activation fee package involves us Subsidising your connection fee over a year. This is very clear and I really do find it hard to imagine a member of the sales team would make this mistake.

I would further like to point out that you can cancel your contract with the payment of a penalty fee, which basically ensures that you pay for the activation fee we have already subsidised.

Anyway, as I say, if you can restrict your postings with regard to this matter to the relevant forum (The PlusNet forum) we will be happy to assist in any way we can.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Ian is right - and there was nothing stopping you from paying the activation fee and then paying monthly

And learn english - as your is appauling!

N/A

> Ian is right - and there was nothing stopping you from paying the activation fee and then paying monthly
>
> And learn english - as your is appauling!
>
> Wot abowt your, too?

N/A

> > Ian is right - and there was nothing stopping you from paying the activation fee and then paying monthly
> >
> > And learn english - as your is appauling!
> >
> > Wot abowt your, too?
>
>

Ive had another CUSTOMER SERVICE problem with plus.net

I had someone pay my account last month via Credit card due to not having enough money in my bank account until the following week. Bearing in mind this was a TELEPHONE transaction and not a change of Direct Debit they`ve gone and taken 3 months subscription without the owners knowledge and without his permission also i have found plus to be one of the worst services for the internet ive come across, most of my friends use pipex and have had none of the problems ive had. Getting back to the account issue i contacted plus about this and they have no intention of giving the money back. Bunch of arses if you ask me. Ive probably lost around a month in the last 8 due to the various times theyre service has been down longest being 2 weeks. They then lied to me telling me it was my end for which i had a BT engineer plus 2 ADSL Bt engineers digging the road up checking the lines and eventually they confirmed it was plus (as usual) Any compensationHuh Not likely!! theyre crap!!
I bet they take wages off theyre employees for being late.. but lose me a month and you dont even get an apology.. no wonder british industry is going down the toilet if these are the sort of idiots in charge.
N/A

I think you should cut these guys some slack.
I understand how frustrating it is to be passed around and have what you can feel is bad customer service, but at the end of the day most people on the other end of the phone are trying to help.

When my account was first activated, BT(not plusnet) made a mess of it and didnt activate the line, so i had to wait an extra week for my broadband, and spent the weekend going through a whole host of tests, which to be honest i knew was coming, due to working in a PC repair call center previously, but from my experience i knew it was a line fault, but i still went through all the tests, because i knew from there perspective it saves time and money if the problem is properly diagnosed rather than just sending out technicians.
When the problem was sorted, plusnet moved my monthly payment date back, so overall i was happy with the outcome.

And apart from the odd upgrades i have had no problems with the service as a whole.

Also i know its not an easy job, long hours, angry and sometimes nasty people dont make it an easy job.

So give the support and customer service guys/gals some credit, it makes there job so much easier and gets better results!

As for the sales, well no comment Wink
N/A

I woudl love to be able to address these points. If you would care to psot your difficulties in ther PlusNet forum i would be happy to respond.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support