cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Awaiting Dispatch......'

N/A

How long does it take from activating my line to actually dispatching the starter pack??

I have read the 'Not so Easy Start' msg, but that doesn't answer this question.

What is the hold up? Have Force9 run out of modems?Huh
5 REPLIES
N/A

I would imagine "Awaiting Dispatch" means exactly that -- the equipment is packed and ready to go out. Presumably it will be collected by CityLink the next time they make a collection, and be with you a day (or two?) later.

There's another interesting thread on this dispatch business, Activation Complete -- How Long?, but it's on the PlusNet forum (use the guest account to view it). The significant post is by a chap called "acarr" who's one of the Moderators, and he seems to know a great deal about the internal workings of PlusNet/Force9 (as well as a lot of other things!), so I'll quote his post here (and let him take the blame for possibly costing PlusNet/Force9 money):

If you receive your modem late, use the Contact Us system.

You will likely be able to receive an unusable service refund. They will refund it on your next bill for the days without service.

It may take a while to get this sorted while they check over logged account information, confirm delivery date and so on.
N/A

so I could be waiting 2 weeks before I can start using ADSL!!!!

Really annoying. It would be less annoying if there was more communication about what is going on. Instead of 'Awaiting Dispatch' it could say 'Awaiting Dispatch.... approx date of dispatch is Huh??'

That way I could at least plan around that date. It would make the world of difference.
N/A

according to Force9 portal it states upgrade and have fast internet within 5 days - is this working days or 5 days from actual order date.

Once the line is activated and if it is taking a while to ship out modems and filters then wouldn't this also cause a problem with your normal telephone?

Does anyone know of the exact length of time it is taking to upgrade?
N/A

I don't think there is any fixed time that be quoted. Some can be quite quick -- I've heard of as little as 24 hours -- others take longer -- as much as a couple of weeks. It'll be different from one exchange to another and from one time to another. If there are experienced staff who just happen to be visiting an exchange on the right day, you might get it done pretty quickly. Conversely, at an exchange which has just been converted, there may be staff who are new to what has to be done, and it may take them longer.
N/A

No, the line is activated now and I'm just waiting for the starter pack. I understand the issues concerning the activation.

I found out in a roundabout way that the deliverey should take 3 working days. It was buried in the site somewhere. If that could be stated on the Starter pack tracker then it would be better communication.

Anyway, today is the 4th working day and starter pack was dispatched last night. Excellent!!