cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chrisco
Grafter

Hi All,

No particular reason but does anyone know why in the past couple of weeks or so some of the avatars in the forums appear (at least to me!) as a square with a red cross in the middle :?
Some of the content of my emails look like it until I click on the message that tells me the content has been blocked, am I supposed to click on something??
(What a sad life I lead I can hear you all saying :roll: )

Regards, Chris
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It means the browser (IE in this case) could not retrieve the image. There could be many reasons for this, one being the avatar used was linked to some elses website (i.e. not the posters) and that website has blocked hotlinking from external users - this is becoming more common to stop others hogging bandwidth. Other problems may be the image is auto-generated and the generating script has failed, or the image is simply no longer there (i.e. deleted).
N/A

mine for some reason, was just deleted from my profile, presumably by staff that can get their, and thats AFTER me and a member of staff brought it to within forum rules, so hell, I just give up lol
N/A

Maybe it wasn't PC enough Rob?
N/A

very true, it was santa, so i guess that could offend someone lol
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

Your avatar is still on your account and has not been removed, it just appears it is returning 404 on your webspace.

Kind Regards,
Community Veteran

Yep it looks like the folder called "Robs" is missing from the Anglesey first responders website.
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks to all for the reply, miss your Garfield Rob although not the annoying wagging rear end!! Wink

Chris
N/A

have got a better one, its just too big lol, will try and sort something
N/A

Yep it looks like the folder called "Robs" is missing from the Anglesey first responders website.

will have a dig and sort something out, cheers
chrisco
Grafter

Nice Garfield Rob, not quite as annoying as the last!! (At least his butt is still ha,ha!)

Cheesy Chris