cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N/A

Iv'e tryed putting a picture logo by my name but it the picture is on my hard drive, and you can only select a picture from a off-site url, anyways to do this?

Thanks Wink
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes, copy the graphic to your www webspace and link it from there. Just use ftp to copy the file.

Info on using FTP can be found here.
N/A

Yahoo i did it, cuteFTP looked confusing though but i just drag and dropped and the avatar was on my webspace when i went to www.myusername.plus.com. Brill Smiley like my picHuh
Gel
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Community Veteran

It is a config option in this version of the message board software and PN have probably decided it was not a feature they wanted to use. Also the message board software cannot access your disk directly anyway, so any avatar you specify on your disk would have to be copied to a directory on the server that the message board software is running. This would mean additional disk space would be needed.

As everyone here has webspace where they can easily and quickly upload avatars I don't see this being a problem.
Community Veteran

Uploading to PlusNet's webspace was something that was once considered, not least to give us mods an easier job because we wouldn't have to chase people up for oversize avatars. Wink The quantity of space isn't the issue - IIRC the problem is that the forums are run off more than one server, which would cause problems when saving the avatar files. However, there is the vague possibility that one day the forums may have their own server... so who knows!

Thomas
csogilvie
Grafter

There are ways to get round the multi-server issue, but they would require extensive coding work I would guess, which is probably not something PlusNet can devote development time to.