Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPlay WinXP

kenny
Grafter

AutoPlay WinXP

I`m using WinXP

I `m using a Fuji camera on a USB connection and it used to load up
automatically the software when I connected the camera up.

The same camera, cable works on a laptop so I know there is no
problem with USB lead and camera & software. Like I said it used to
work, now will not.

When I go into My Computer and click on the camera Icon and select Autoplay
it will do it then load the software but will not do it automatically like it used to do.

Any ideas anyone!?

No changes I can think of I`ve done, still got some free USB ports

4 on rear 2 on front in total 6 (tried taking all out still the same)

I tried rear and front ports still the same. Like I said it used to work so whats up!??

I`ve tried the AutoPlay fix from the Win` web site it says its working all
ok
5 REPLIES
N/A

Auto Play replying, Ivan

Hello Bigkenney,

This problem probably isnt hardware related first of all, in other words you havent done any thing wrong. From my own experience of auto play in XP its not a precise science as it where, sometimes auto play can be abit hit and miss to be honest with you.

Yes! I know it should work every time but experience says this isnt always the case. My diagnosis is that your disk probably contains an auto play file which XP picks up when the disk is put in the drive, and its this file that either the drive nolonger reads or XP isnt picking it up but the end result is the same. i.e. its a software problem, file related NOT your hardware. No! I dont have a fix for you but its NOT serious just very annoying IMO.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

AutoPlay WinXP

Try this

Open My Computer.
Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you want, such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.
On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to change.
Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it detects the media type you selected.

It might just have lost the association, or another app might have nicked off with it Wink
kenny
Grafter

AutoPlay WinXP

Try this

Open My Computer.
Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you want, such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.
On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to change.
Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it detects the media type you selected.

It might just have lost the association, or another app might have nicked off with it Wink

No tried all this first time (and just again) still the same will work ,but no auto
N/A

AutoPlay WinXP

Is Shell Hardware Detection started in admin tools/services?
kenny
Grafter

AutoPlay WinXP

Is Shell Hardware Detection started in admin tools/services?

will it seems ok says set for Auto`