cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you a Hunter or a Gatherer?

N/A

In the tradition of more light-hearted articles in this forum, here's something for you to consuder.

According to a news item today, there's a difference in the shopping styles of men and women. (OK, research doesn't always tell us things we didn't already know, but they've quantified it a bit.) The researchers found that, on average men and women could shop together for 72 minutes before an argument broke out.

The problem comes because men and women have different styles of shopping (I think they went as far as to say it's genetic!). There are two different styles:
  • Gatherers like to "graze", browsing at everything in the store, lingering and taking their time. 80% of women are "gatherer" type shoppers.

• Hunters know exactly what they want. They go directly for the "kill", make their purchase, and are away. 70% (or was it 75%, I can't remember) of men are "hunter" type shoppers.
So, which are you? Do Force9 customers confirm the research?

Take part in the poll (if that's the right word), and let's find out!
3 REPLIES
N/A

I would say that I was a hunter, except in computer stores, where I can browse for hours! Smiley

Cheers

Neil
N/A

Let me guess, though, Neil, as soon as you walk through the door of the computer store and feel yourself becoming a "gatherer", before your very eyes, you can see your wife morphing into a "hunter", so the basic "72 minutes" problem still exists!
N/A

Too true!! :lol: