cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet going out of business?

N/A

From whats happening with the shoddy service and distinct lack of customer service, this has all the signs of an ISP winding down getting ready to close.

I give it 3 months and we'll all be on a new ISP.

It made me laugh reading about them refusing to believe everyone telling them there's a problem with the LLU, then sheepishly putting a message up admitting there is.
7 REPLIES
N/A

a problem which they say they've fixed but clearly have not.

I dont like the idea of having to leave a message when you ring support, you dont get to speak to someone, thats bad customer service and a sign that they dont care.
N/A

In all probability I would say that Plusnet are going out of business fairly soon.
N/A

I hope not.. this would be very inconveniencing :!:

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It made me laugh reading about them refusing to believe everyone telling them there's a problem with the LLU

Personally I'm not against the idea in principle, but the limited migration paths and the moving against the customer's benefit for PlusNet's profit - well what more can I say (than I've already said I mean).

I wondered why Tiscali had such a bad reputation, and at least from reading the problems on this forum I understand why. When this came about I at least thought the transition might be problem free, it would appear not. I find it ironic the last word of the acronym (i.e. unbundling) kind of rhymes with the word 'bungling' which I feel is much more appropriate.

PlusNet did do the right thing eventually and suspend transfers until the problems are sorted out. IMHO, it is a shame it took them a couple more months to not acknowledge the problems and to stop looking at the bank balance before taking action.
N/A

Folks could we leave the wild and completely unfounded comments and speculation at the door.

Some people might take it the wrong way and think you know what your talking about Wink

Its one thing having rumour mongers and poo stirrers on AG, but there is no need for it here.

Lets keep it reasoned, constructive and as close to factual as possible.

Keep the stories for general chit chat please.
Alecto
Grafter

Mark
You're right. This should be moved to General Chit Chat as it in no way supports customers and its presence in this area will give it a ring of truth to those who don't know better.

As to the topic, the fact that Plusnet is sinking to the same level as the mass of ISPs doesn't in any way mean Pn is going out of business.
It just means they're sinking to the same level as the rest of the rabble out there.
Oh well.
But pse move it. :roll:
Community Veteran

Topic moved as per the sensible request above.