cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apologies to everyone :(

N/A

Hi all,

I want to apologize to everyone. I am having a few difficulties at the moment with my connection. This is neither my fault nor is it Plusnets. It is something to do with my line and so it is left in BT's hands.

I will still be hovering about looking ( when pages finally load ) but I wont be able to post as much due to the speed.

Hopefully BT will do the unbelievable and actually sort something out in a prompt manner and on a timely basis.

Hovering about,
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

at least you have a working computer! mine blew up on me the other day! (damn you scottish power!) got new stuff for it the other day so I can rebuild it tonight YAY!

Sorry I aint been on the last week, I know I won't have been missed but I enjoy keeping up to date with the latest arugments in the PN House

*Website Plug*
In the mean time check out the students' common room which I am building with Dan at the moment and my own website which I am soon to launch!

*End Website Plug*
Community Veteran

at least you have a working computer! mine blew up on me the other day! (damn you scottish power!) got new stuff for it the other day so I can rebuild it tonight YAY!

bah; at least you don't need to spend £600-£700 on a new laptop.
N/A

bah,

at least the pair of you candownload at speeds greater than 0.5 Kb/s when you have your systems going lol.

The website I was creating has stopped completely as everything is slowing down soo much.

Nm hopefully BT will stop using their thumbs as butt plugs and will crack on with the problem at hand ( wishes and daydreams as reality seems to be far from it ).
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Nm hopefully BT will stop using their thumbs as butt plugs and will crack on with the problem at hand ( wishes and daydreams as reality seems to be far from it ).

I sympathize completely. Having had problems over the past couple of months with speed thanks to BT, I thought everything would be fixed by Feb 3rd as per the exchange details ... then router dropped out whilst I was asleep today. After 5 attempts to get it connected, I dropped by the PN exchange checker to be greeted with;

Results: Killingworth Code: NEKI
Virtual paths: Red

BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: 16 Feb 06

Record last updated: 30 Jan 06

They sure do like aggravating me .... tis getting extremely boring now.
N/A

Sorry I aint been on the last week, I know I won't have been missed but I enjoy keeping up to date with the latest arugments in the PN House

*Website Plug*
In the mean time check out the students' common room which I am building with Dan at the moment and my own website which I am soon to launch!

*End Website Plug*

It's not the same with out you hope you get the thing up and running again soon
N/A

well,

so far naff all has happened. bt has made about as much progress as a flattened snail. actually i think they have made about as much effort as a burnt out skoda would manage to drive miles.

well i can give them till tomorrow afternoon before having to get mardy.

this post is taking me ages to type via pda lol.
avalon
Grafter

Tom, I got onto BTw on your behalf and received the following reply.

How we manage our technicians

Technicians are contended on a 1 tec to 50 exchanges ratio. However as only 2/3 of exchanges ever need support at any time the ratio is increased to 1:75 to give a true 50 to one contention ratio.

Due to the high demand on technicians caused by the current upgrades of exchanges to MaxDSL you may see some reduction in availability of your technician at the present time. In this climate, high demands on technician time are unsustainable. BTw obviously have to prioritise delivery of MaxDSL to the 99% of users that do not have problems and therfore are not heavy users of technician time.

You will therefore find technician throttling enforced during peak times (Feb - April). Accordingly line repairs will need to be done slowly over many, many, weeks. You can of course opt for BTw TAYG (Tech As You Go) where you will be billed for technician time you use and in this case there will be very little slowdown in service times from your technician.

Kind Regards

A Nonnymouse
BT Wholesale Customer Support

PS. I'm only kidding Tom (I hope) :lol:

Sorry Tom, I'm sure it's no fun for you, but I couldn't resist it.
Community Veteran

Nicely northbritish! <me smiles broadly> Smiley
N/A

Excellent. :lol:
N/A

fantastic :lol:
N/A

rofl :lol: love it.

but im still non the wiser.

ill update as i can.
Community Veteran

If you win you won't be able to lock many threads @0.5kbps Tongue
N/A

...you won't be able to lock many threads @0.5kbp

And here's me in all innocence thinking that being a moderator was mainly to help customers and keep the forums a happy place.

I didn't realise it was all about the amount of threads you can lock! Tongue
Community Veteran

Should be back on the boards in the next few days! Lucky you's!

Just reinstalled everything and I am getting BSOD and invalid memory so I need new ram, why does nothing just work when its meant to Evil

Good luck to Dan and Tom, I shan't say who I voted for Wink