cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using PHP on Free-Online

N/A

Anyone using PHP on Free-Online

Is there anyone using PHP 4 on Free-online, please help, can you give me a small sample script that works with the Free-online dial-up account account, also where to put the file, how to call the file to check that it works etc. I can find lots of conflicting information and information for other sites, but it is Free-online I am not able to get it to work with. My CGI bin was de-activated and is now working again, I can run perl scripts fine, but not PHP, any help would be appreciated before my hair has gone totally.

Thanks in anticipation

Aidan
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Anyone using PHP on Free-Online

The results I have been getting seem to indicate that PHP is not supported on the FOL/F9/PlusNet servers.

I have been trying to host a user forum built around php, have uploaded all the files, but when i access the file from a browser it tries to download it.

Any advice from the SUpport team on this one?
N/A

PHP on the CGI server works fine for me. I've got a forum up and running at http://cgi.mapeters.free-online.co.uk/forum/index.php

> The results I have been getting seem to indicate that PHP is not supported on the FOL/F9/PlusNet servers.
>
> I have been trying to host a user forum built around php, have uploaded all the files, but when i access the file from a browser it tries to download it.
>
> Any advice from the SUpport team on this one?

N/A

I too have used PHP successfully and to an increasing extent, including use of MySQL. All this was based on the instructions on the help pages. Before venturing on-line I used the tutorials available at Webmonkey to get a webserver (Apache) set up on my own machine to test my work out. I must say I find what is available on Free-online very impressive.

> PHP on the CGI server works fine for me. I've got a forum up and running at http://cgi.mapeters.free-online.co.uk/forum/index.php
>
>
>
> > The results I have been getting seem to indicate that PHP is not supported on the FOL/F9/PlusNet servers.
> >
> > I have been trying to host a user forum built around php, have uploaded all the files, but when i access the file from a browser it tries to download it.
> >
> > Any advice from the SUpport team on this one?
>
>

N/A

Me too. I have a logon form which calls the PHP, which subsequently displays a few records from MySQL in a table. You need to go though the help on the Free-Online site... I downloaded a manual for PHP and MySQL from one of the links, they're very useful. Follow the rules about where to put stuff (in the emails they send at registration) very carefully.

I too have used PHP successfully and to an increasing extent, including use of MySQL. All this was based on the instructions on the help pages. Before venturing on-line I used the tutorials available at Webmonkey to get a webserver (Apache) set up on my own machine to test my work out. I must say I find what is available on Free-online very impressive.
>
> > PHP on the CGI server works fine for me. I've got a forum up and running at http://cgi.mapeters.free-online.co.uk/forum/index.php
> >
> >
> >
> > > The results I have been getting seem to indicate that PHP is not supported on the FOL/F9/PlusNet servers.
> > >
> > > I have been trying to host a user forum built around php, have uploaded all the files, but when i access the file from a browser it tries to download it.
> > >
> > > Any advice from the SUpport team on this one?
> >
> >
>
>

--