cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody remember this?

Community Veteran

Anybody remember this?

Following a Hard Disc crash the other day I was restoring my data that I have backed up on DVD's and I thought I'd try and tidy up at the same time rather than just copy everything back to the new drive.
While sorting files out a cme across this screen dump.
Yep that was how the forums used to look before May 2003.
How things have changed Smiley
6 REPLIES
N/A

Anybody remember this?

HEHE.

Why not visit them direct? They are still available.

HERE

Though, if you navigate around the forums, you will need to edit each link from "action=new_forums" to "action=usenet"
Community Veteran

Anybody remember this?

Nasty.

I never liked that version of the forums.

This one is much nicer.
N/A

Anybody remember this?

Whoever said change isn't for the better!

The forums do look better now than then.

Craigster
Metalguru
Grafter

Anybody remember this?

Ahhhhh Nostalgia Nostalgia ............. I can't get enough of it.

Anyone remember the time .....................

When LSD was Pounds Shillings and Pence.

When there was a PC (Police Constable) on every corner., and no PC's (Dell / Mesh / Acer) in the house.

When you could leave your front door open all day, and come home in the evening, to listen to the BBC Light Programme (yes that's the correct spelling of LIGHT) ............. on your state of the art, Pye Radio - Phonograph .

Of course even if some fiend wanted to steal it, he probably couldn' t carry it away. There is sooooo much to be said for lots of valves and very few cars.

I say HE because HERS didn't do those sorts of things in those non PC days (Political correctness). The ladies polished the front door step and cooked a bloody good stew.

Now go and dig out one of your old 45's (or even a 7Cool and, if you have got something to play it on.................. wallow in it .......... and for 2mins 43 secs (ish)forget about all your e mail.

Smiley
Community Veteran

Anybody remember this?

Ahhhhh Nostalgia Nostalgia ............. I can't get enough of it.

Now go and dig out one of your old 45's (or even a 7Cool and, if you have got something to play it on.................. wallow in it .......... and for 2mins 43 secs (ish)forget about all your e mail.

Smiley

Wish I could.
I've got loads of old "Vinal" records but sadly nothing to play them on at the moment.
I notice quite a few places now selling "Old" players but what a price Sad
holdtight
Grafter

Anybody remember this?

I notice quite a few places now selling "Old" players but what a price Sad

Seems i may have been wise some time ago when i tucked away a deck in my loft Cheesy i too have loads of vinyl and luckily something to play them on although probably very dusty by now

the idea was to tranfer to CD but what a hassle so i keep putting it off so it still sits in my loft Cry