cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Potter Mad fans out there?

N/A

Ok,

Call me childish if you want. But imho the Harry Potter books and films rock. Was watching the film tonight (Goblet of Fire) and this has got to be by far the best yet.

Come one then, all other childish followers out there, be known. Lets know who is a follower and who isnt lolol.

Regards,
20 REPLIES
N/A

I watched the film last week, tis good. But the books I have never bothered to read, I was more into and still am to an extent The Chronicles of Narnia, and looking forward to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe which comes out at the cinema on December 9th - Cheesy
Community Veteran

I've read all the books and seen all the films but the latest; have to go though....
N/A

Yay, I'm not the only one.

People look at me as though I am mad when I stamp my feet in impatience waiting for the next book to come out.

Compulsive reading for me. Absolutely love it.
N/A

I'm a great reader and have a great many books at home. I have also read (and enjoyed) all the Harry Potter books but have yet, due to work commitments mainly, been to see the latest film.

Not had time to get the the pictures. The better half has also read the books on my recommendation and after seeing the first two films.

To be honest most people I know who actually read have read them, unfortunately a lot of my generation don't seem to read (for me it's an addiction, I even have mainly audiobooks on my iPod ) but all of those who do have loved the harry potter novels.
N/A

sons got all the books, we have all the films, love them, cannot wait to watch the new one.................legitimately I might add! :lol:
N/A

Yay, I'm not the only one.

People look at me as though I am mad when I stamp my feet in impatience waiting for the next book to come out.

Compulsive reading for me. Absolutely love it.

Rofl, nope seems as though were not the odd balls out Smiley

I have read all the books and watched all the films. I absolutely love it. Not sure how JK does it, but to hell with figuring it out, just dont stop at book + film 7 I say Cheesy

I used to read the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe when I was a wee little boy but have since stopped. But I would be interested to see the film. Hmm might start rining round for early bookings.

Regards,
csogilvie
Grafter

I'm a fan of both the books and the films.

I've read all the books and seen all the movies (including GOF) and am eagerly awaiting the 7th book.
N/A

The movie seemed rushed, my neice said she didnt like it, wasnt as good as the others but she cried alot :lol:

If you read the book you know what time of the year it was, what was going on etc etc, in the movie all this seemed lost, it was just one dramatic event after another. It was good, I will grant that but it did seem like alot of the real Potter Magic everybody loves was missing due to the speed the movie rushed through all the GOF events etc.

I dont know, I mean it is aimed at kids maybe I am wrong but in all of the others there were bits of fun in there. I am sure in the book I remember everyone wondering what Hagrid was doing, he was dressing up etc etc, it went on for a while in the book, it was explained in the movie in about 5 seconds. I dont think I really laughed at the movie and in all the others I did, and even the book made me laugh so something was lost in translation I guess.

Maybe GOF was just a bit too dark for too many laughs, shame really. Not enough Snape, Malfoy or Hagrid, those three always provoke alot of laughter IMO.
N/A

Phear,

Yes you are right in one respect. The film as it stands is alread 2 hours 25 minutes long. I was watching the documentary on it and the problem they had was making the film without it trailing on for hours on end.
So they based it around Harry and where he was as apposed to everyone else as well.

I think it was great from the point of view that it perfectly illustrated the events surrounding Harry and the return of Voldemort. Perhaps things should be brightened up a little in the next film, but I cant see this as happening given the events that happen in the book.

We will have to wait and see HURRY UP WARNER BROS!!!!!
N/A

I have a nine year-old daughter who loves all things Potter. Initially I resisted getting her the books because of the hype. I got her Terry Pratchett's "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents" and read that to her first, but we do like HP. I'm taking her to "Goblet" on Saturday. Yes, she's only nine but she's read the book, she knows what happens to Wormtail's hand...I read her a chapter a night unless it's the wife's turn!

I can recommend Alan Garner if you want to try something else. "The Weirdstone of Brisingamen" and "The Moon of Gomrath". You can find boxed sets of Garner novels in the budget bookshops. Somewhat influential on Rowling I think.
N/A

Well I got the chance to goet to the pics to see the new film.

It was great, they had to cut a lot of the plot out but I understand the reasons for this.

Even with all the cuts we were still in there for nearly three hours. IT gets all the major plot points accross ready for the next film but without some of the subtlety of the book. Worth the money to watch though.

Roll on the next book Smiley
Community Veteran

Just been to see the film. It was good but it was obvious a lot had been left out. I'm just worried about what will happen with the next couple of books which are bigger still. Prehaps WB; will need to split the film into two as IMO they can't leave much more out....

Also has anyone noticed that David Tennant has a tendancy for poppin up out of other people bodies? He did it in doctor who to Christopher Eccleston and ion Goblet of Fire to the fake Mad Eye Moody...
vic_newey
Grafter

I saw goblet of fire on wednesday morning at 11 o.clock & there were just 6 of us in there lol. It just gets better & romance is looming ( for Harry not me , altho chance would be a fine thing )
Much better than crowded with some berk kicking the back of your seat & non stop talking like we had last time
Community Veteran

There wern't many people in the 1630 howing I went to either; though a few more than six!