cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Pilots or keen flyers in here?

LiamM
Grafter

I have a real passion for flying. I don't know what it is, but I do.

I have always wanted to be a commercial air pilot. Since I was a little nipper. I always dismissed it because I was never the best in the class, and, I have a beer belly which must make me physically unfit.

Anyway, i've recently been doing some research into training programmes and easyJet seem to offer quite a good sceheme through CTC.

I think i'm going to apply anyway, I am sure I won't get anywhere but theres no harm in applying - but are there any pilots around here? Anyone in the aviation industry?

Just want some stories on what it's like to fly a 737 or something. It must be amazing. Any tips? Advice? If not, anyone know where I could look?

You have to be 19 to apply... so that gives me just under a year to cut all my hair off, loose some belly and gain some skills Wink

Anyone know me here have any opinions on whether they would trust me up in the flight deck?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I think i'm going to apply anyway, I am sure I won't get anywhere but theres no harm in applying - but are there any pilots around here? Anyone in the aviation industry?

Why so negative, if you really want to do it you will!

Anyone know me here have any opinions on whether they would trust me up in the flight deck?

So long as you get me into on Glasgow on time and the flight back's cancelled (only joking on the cancellation)

hmm then you truly would be Cap'n Liam Martin

Edit: A Beer Belly at 18 :?: :shock:
Brickinit
Grafter

Just want some stories on what it's like to fly a 737 or something. It must be amazing. Any tips? Advice? If not, anyone know where I could look?

don't want to worry you but i think you will find that 5 of these 737's have gone down in the last six months :?
LiamM
Grafter

Yes I know... I follow the news carefully... It has been a bit worrying of late... perhaps pilots are getting a bit complacent with the 737 Wink

However, you might also be interested to know that there are never less than 1,900 in the air and one takes off every 4.5 seconds.
Community Veteran

Which if you do the math equates to bloody safe!
Brickinit
Grafter

depends if you were on one of thoes five planes or not :shock: