cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another simple question .... maybe

graham
Grafter

Got confirmation that my CGI space/account was all up and running.

Sure enough I can now FTP and Telnet to it, but when trying to browse to it I get a 403 forbidden error, the same with the PHPBB directory I've setup.

Now I'm guessing its a permissions thing Huh?, but I've searched and can find nothing specific, and my unix/linux experience was too long ago.

Can anyone offer any possible solutions before I raise another ticket??

Cheers

Graham
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hmmm. Yesterday evening, about 8pm I looked at your site and saw something about Minis. The links appeared to be working for me, so what have you done to the files since?

Not very constructive I know, but at least if can remember how it was set up then you may be able to return it.

Just as a maybe, try chmoding your folders to 755 to see if that gives you access.

Mark
graham
Grafter

Cheers for the reply.

The Mini site is on my normal www. webspace and is working fine.

The ccgi space was just to have a play with phpBB forum stuff, not to use it to any great extent.

I've since discovered that the tar I downloaded for phpBB was apparently corrupt, and there were a ton of files missing. I have since uploaded a new version and everything suddenly seems fine :? :? :?

Now of course as part of the phpBB install I find that I need usernames and passwords and paths etc for the mySQL stuff that I activated at the same time, but lo and behold F9 never sent me any info for that either :roll: :lol:

Another ticket .....

Graham