cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: CGI Platform Upgrade - Completed

N/A

Announcement: CGI Platform Upgrade - Completed

Dear Customers,

We are pleased to announce that crofters, our CGI platform, has been successfully upgraded to take advantage of our new load-balanced clustered solution. The new CGI platform offers a faster, more scalable and reliable CGI service with updated versions of all major software such as PHP, Perl, Freetype and GD.

Unfortunately the upgrades took longer than envisaged and as a consequence we did not complete the F9 Frontpage move which was to coincide with the CGI move. This work is still a priority for us and will be scheduled for early next week.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Announcement: CGI Platform Upgrade - Completed

Thanks for letting us know.

What versions of MySQL, PHP, Perl etc. are being used now?

Neil
N/A

> What versions of MySQL, PHP, Perl etc. are being used now?

Hi Neil,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your questions:

PHP Version 4.3.1
MySQL 3.23.56
Perl v5.8.0

Let me know if you need any more info.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
F9 Customer Support
N/A

> PHP Version 4.3.1
> MySQL 3.23.56
> Perl v5.8.0

Thanks Ian.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but will you upgrade to PHP 4.3.2 when it's released? I'm after using the PEAR DB module that comes as standard in 4.3.2. Otherwise, do you know if I'll beable to add the PEAR DB module in my web space?

Regards

Neil
N/A

Hi Neil,

We will have to perform a review once a stable version is released. If it is not a big deal to upgrade we will certainly do it. If you are looking to have specific modules installed the first thing you should do is collect all the data you can about the module (Links, homepages, known issues etc) and then raise a Contact Us ticket to support with as much detail as possible. They will pass this onto the network team for analysis.

If you can post the ticket number up here then I will certainly have a look myself and can add a bit more weight if required.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
F9 Customer Support
N/A

Thanks for the prompt reply Ian.

Hopefully it's a quiet weekend for you!!

OK, I'll let you know more as and when I start playing! I was looking at putting up a Tiki (Wiki) site in my web space - it uses the PEAR DB module as a database handler/abstraction layer to MySQL.

Regards

Neil
N/A

Hi Neil,

Sounds interesting. We run phpWiki internally, and I have had this working on the CGI server. I don't see why we couldn't install pear if it jumps through the hoops our network guys need (I'm not the person that performs security analysis on new software!).

I'd appreciate a link to your site once it's done!

Regards,

Ian Wild
F9 Customer Support
N/A

Ian

> I'd appreciate a link to your site once it's done!

I'd be happy to oblige when it's done. In the meantime, here's a link to the TikiWiki site: http://tikiwiki.sourceforge.net/.

Neil
N/A

Thanks Neil,

I already had a good look through that - Looks great. I might have a go with it myself!

Regards,

Ian

N/A

Ian

I would certainly encourage it! I've been playing with it for a few hours and it seems relatively simple (although having the Tiki manual around helps significantly!!).

I'm currently using a Windows 2000 Server as a test box (it's what I had around), so I'm using W2K, IIS, PHP (+ PEAR), MySQL for TikiWiki, instead of the more usual L/A/M/P setup (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) - when I get around to it, I'll build a Linux box and move, as I think TikiWiki will sit more comfortably on that, although everything seems to be working OK on W2K and Apache.

The [Demo Site|http://alt.thetinfoilhat.com/tiki-custom_home.php] gives quite a good test example.

Neil
N/A

> ... although everything seems to be working OK on W2K and Apache.

Oops, meant to say W2K and IIS.

Neil