cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Amember' - Membership software (PHP)

N/A

Hi

I have been trying to install membership management software (30 day free trial) called amember http://www.amember.com/ and haven't been having much luck.

I uploaded the files to my space and successfully ran the setup file. It automatically created the database on MySQL and everything.

However when I came to view the admin page (or any other page for that matter) it just comes up with a white screen saying something about error 403 - you don't have permission to view these files.

I thought I had changed the permissions to the correct number (F9 said something about 740 I think)

Q1) Can anyone tell me what permissions I need to set the files/folders at.
Q2) Has anyone installed this software before and would be willing to walk me through it?
Q3) It has some PHP code protection thing called ioncube. Has anyone successfully loaded the free decoder onto their webspace - and if so would they be willing to show/tell me what to do?

I think it would be of most benefit to me if you gurus out their tried the free software on your space then walk me through it - but hey that's demanding a lot Wink

Cheers
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If it’s a PHP script it must not be in the `cgi-bin` directory, move it out and use `fixphpperms.sh` to set the permissions.

http://www.f9.net.uk/support/webspace/cgi/cgi_guide_new.shtml#9

Chilly

Pay for a PHP script, are you sure that there is no open source version.

Chilly
N/A

can I just confirm that i'm doing this right

I've downloaded putty and logged on to the cgi server. I then typed

fixphpperms.sh {-c}

however nothing seems to have changed. Have I typed the correct thing? Still can't access the files.

Ta
Community Veteran

I have just tried installing amember on my cgi space but hit problems with the ioncube protection.

Chilly
N/A

I uploaded the ioncube files to the same folder as contains the other ioncube files as per the instructions but nothing seems to have happened.

Still got no access to any of the pages!
Community Veteran

Post up your error messages it may give us a cue.

Chilly
N/A

no error messages other than the blank page saying I don't have access privelages. Can't acces any page. This sucks.
N/A

ok i've loaded a help file for the ioncube loader thing and it says I can get the files working by either having run-time loading ability on my server or by amending the php.ini file. This is the message

To install the Loader in your php.ini file, edit or create the file /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini and add the following line before any other zend_extension lines:
zend_extension = /<path>/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so

where /<path>/ is where you've installed the loader, e.g. /usr/local/ioncube/

If there are no zend_extension lines already, you can put the line at any point in the file.

Finally, stop and restart your web server software for the changes to take effect.

does that help?
Community Veteran

It’s not sounding good. As I very much doubt that F9 will install the additional software required, for the copy/licenses protection.

Have you checked http://sourceforge.net for an open source version?

Chilly