cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alton Towers

LiamM
Grafter

Alton Towers

How do any of you cool peeps fancie the idea of a day out at Alton Towers? Give us a chance to meet not only on the boards, but in person too.

I'd be happy to arrange a day in the Summer. Tickets are cheap booked in a group, or just turn up on the specified day and book tickets yourself? Would anyone else be up for it.

Plusnet staff included... and encouraged. Could make a gd story out of it - "ISP Takes Customers For A Ride" Wink

Just an idea.... anyway.....
14 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

Alton Towers

"ISP Takes Customers For A Ride"

Wanadoo and AOL do that to their customers all the time in a fashen Smiley
N/A

Re: Alton Towers

Wonder if Alton Towers will limit us to fair usage on their rides?

Craigster
Community Veteran

Alton Towers

Did you not know all the rides are free between 1am and 8am.... Just a pity they close at 9pm Wink Tongue
N/A

Alton Towers

And if you go on too fast a ride for too long, then you gotta go on the tea cups lol Tongue

Craigster
craigbrass
Grafter

Alton Towers

LOL...You guys really crack me up Smiley
N/A

Alton Towers

And if you go on too fast a ride for too long, then you gotta go on the tea cups lol Tongue

Craigster

Yeah but under the FUP, your only allowed one go on each ride, you can keep track of which rides you use under the VMU map at the gates!
vic_newey
Grafter

Alton Towers

yeah, & my internet connection could be called ' the big dipper ' Tongue :twisted:
N/A

Alton Towers

Also don't forget that the queues are even longer than waiting for free speed updates!
Alecto
Grafter

Alton Towers

the queues are even longer than waiting for free speed updates!

But at least you can keep dry and do something else while you're waiting.

I wonder if Liam will raise any more good ideas on the forum, if this is all the response he gets. :?:
LiamM
Grafter

Alton Towers

Hmm.... keeping dry... I've heard that MacD'S aren't being rolled out everywhere until September time. So burgers will be limited to trial participants only.
lowry
Grafter

Alton Towers

Hi Laim,
That's an excellent idea. I'm afraid I won't be able to join you because I'm in Northern Ireland. I could get a plane I suppose, butit looks unlikely I'd be going Sad

matt Wink
Metalguru
Grafter

Alton Towers

I preferred this thread's earlier postings highlighting the Alton Towers / Plusnet analogy.

And on that theme ..........

One of my informants has told me that Plusnet are still working very hard on the Fair Usage Policy. Their latest piece of work involves looking at how Alton Towers deals with a similar sort of situation : -

Certain rides have height and age restrictions. These are made clear at the ride entrance. Also, several of the attractions at Cariba Creek Waterpark have a 1.1m height restriction. You have to be 16 years or over to visit the Spa.

A Plusnet working group is currently examining all the issues that come about through linking bandwidth usage, to a customers height and / or age.

The chair of the group ( a mature strapping six footer) is very supportive of this initiative. However a gang of seven lead by Dopey Bashful and Sneezy are dead against it.
N/A

Alton Towers

I am completely bemused by the last post. What on earth could height have to do with useage. Now ages, yes, as an old wrinkley I appreciate that I cannot think or type as fast as I could, therefore giving age higher FUP is a really good spin, everyone will think
"AH PlusNet look after the old people, how kind." Not realising that us old slow bathstuards will never get up to 1 gigabyte, never mind multiple!"
Metalguru
Grafter

Alton Towers

...........and my money was on someone picking up on this :-

These are made clear at the ride entrance.