cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow directory listing on Crofters...

re-create-it
Grafter

I have installed an on-line store - osCommerce - on crofters.

In order to do certain functions such as upload images for products, the shop needs to recognise the directories and allow upload to them.

When I enter the add products folder I get an error from the shops in-built error checking that the folder cgi.mydomain.com/shop/images is not available.

However, when I copy the URL direct to the browser, I can see the folder, list the contents and view the files.

It seems as though the store cannot access the folder. Could this be down to a PHP or htaccess setting in order to allow it to read the folder? Any clues welcomed!
4 REPLIES
N/A

What are the permissions settings on folder?

As far as I'm aware, the web server gains access as "other"; therefore to be able to create an entry in the folder (ie add a file or subdirectory), "other" must have write access to the folder. Since you presumably also wish the webserver to be able to read and scan the directory, it must also have these permissions. These requirements result in "other" needing read, write and execute permissions to the folder.

Your FTP software may allow you to change the permissions accordingly, or you can use the "chmod" command in telnet:
    chmod o+rwx <directory name>
should do the trick.
re-create-it
Grafter

Cheers for the help.

Regarding permissions, I have already chmodded the folder(s) to 777 which should give read/write access for all.

Everything runs well on my home server so I was wondering if it was an F9 setting. I have been comparing phpinfo() settings but not found the difference yet! :roll:
N/A

It's 666 m8? That changes the permissions to -rw-rw-rw-
re-create-it
Grafter

...and 777 gives r, w and x! Forgot the x!

I have fixed it - the F9 server was calling for an absolute path
/files/home/username/path
wheras the other server where this shop was installed just needed relative paths!

Sorted - thanks for the help and sorry it was me being dim! Shockedops: