Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alligator and Python

N/A

Alligator and Python

See Snake bursts after gobbling gator, which includes this picture:

Click picture for larger image

Which bits of the picture are alligator, and which bits python?

To me, it looks like most of what we see is the python, its tail curving round to the left and back of the picture, whereas in the opposite direction, its body is split in two, so we see part of it extending off to the right of the picture and another section (connected to the tail section by only a small sliver of skin) extending off into the water. All we can see of the alligator is a bit of its body, slightly greener in colour, along by that sliver of python skin, with one of the alligator's legs going into the water.

Is that how you understand the picture?

What's the narrower protrusion that comes towards the front of the picture?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Alligator and Python

hi, i think the narrower light part coming from the centre to the bottom right is the aligator's tail, as you can see a foot just where it burst out of the python. The python, as I see it is the 'u' shape... as I see it :S
N/A

Alligator and Python

Yes, that's what a friend of mine thought, too, and he studied zoology at uni, so that's probably right. Which means the "thing at the front" is a second alligator leg, and the "greener bit" I thought was the alligator is probably the innards of the python...