cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adsl 24/7 !

N/A

Adsl 24/7 !

I'm with Force9 a Plusnet company and like everyone else have suffered the problems of the last few weeks/ months

But in there defence they seem to have sorted the problems out finally - and also to there credit they have kept users updated on problems on there forums (if you could connect to read them !) - thought listening to you are a valued customet for 10 times while on hold to tech support is a bit too much.

I may be tempting providence but my connection has been up full time now for 2 day ( at last a 24/7 product) and at much improved speeds.

They could recover some browny points if they were to offer a discount on the next monthly bill for the less than useable service offered over the last few months. -

8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Adsl 24/7 ! Agree With You.

> I'm with Force9 a Plusnet company and like everyone else have suffered the problems of the last few weeks/ months
>
> But in there defence they seem to have sorted the problems out finally - and also to there credit they have kept users updated on problems on there forums (if you could connect to read them !) - thought listening to you are a valued customet for 10 times while on hold to tech support is a bit too much.
>
> I may be tempting providence but my connection has been up full time now for 2 day ( at last a 24/7 product) and at much improved speeds.
>
> They could recover some browny points if they were to offer a discount on the next monthly bill for the less than useable service offered over the last few months. -
>
>

Hi,
Yes!I agree with you and the points you've made. F9 have been trying hard to solve the problems (Read crisis)they have suffered recently. Yes!speed & bandwidth have improved but I think your lucky having 2 days up time, my ADSL connection has been dropping every 15 minutes since the emergency router work was carried out and it has yet to be solved/sorted out.

I agree that if F9 made a one off reduction in payment to customers that would go along way to improving customer confidence,it would be good PR for them, it would win back some of the lost face that has been exoerienced.

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: Adsl 24/7 ! Agree With You.PROBLEM SOLVED

> > I'm with Force9 a Plusnet company and like everyone else have suffered the problems of the last few weeks/ months
> >
> > But in there defence they seem to have sorted the problems out finally - and also to there credit they have kept users updated on problems on there forums (if you could connect to read them !) - thought listening to you are a valued customet for 10 times while on hold to tech support is a bit too much.
> >
> > I may be tempting providence but my connection has been up full time now for 2 day ( at last a 24/7 product) and at much improved speeds.
> >
> > They could recover some browny points if they were to offer a discount on the next monthly bill for the less than useable service offered over the last few months. -
> >
> >
>
> Hi,
> Yes!I agree with you and the points you've made. F9 have been trying hard to solve the problems (Read crisis)they have suffered recently. Yes!speed & bandwidth have improved but I think your lucky having 2 days up time, my ADSL connection has been dropping every 15 minutes since the emergency router work was carried out and it has yet to be solved/sorted out.
>
> I agree that if F9 made a one off reduction in payment to customers that would go along way to improving customer confidence,it would be good PR for them, it would win back some of the lost face that has been exoerienced.
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>
>
> --
>

Hi,
I think I've managed to solve my dropping connection problem, it was a windows setting that needed changing. Apologues to F9 for ealier comments made out of sheer frustration. Some times it NOT F9 but the users settings.

IR

--
N/A

RE: Adsl 24/7 ! Agree With You.PROBLEM SOLVED

> Hi,
> I think I've managed to solve my dropping connection problem, it was a windows setting that needed changing. Apologues to F9 for ealier comments made out of sheer frustration. Some times it NOT F9 but the users settings.
>
> IR
>
Hi Ivan,
I'm glad that you have managed to get your problem solved. As it was similar to mine would you be kind enough to let me know what you have done and what operating system your using.

Cheers
Geoff

Many thanks
Geoff
N/A

HERES HOW!!

> > Hi,
> > I think I've managed to solve my dropping connection problem, it was a windows setting that needed changing. Apologues to F9 for ealier comments made out of sheer frustration. Some times it NOT F9 but the users settings.
> >
> > IR
> >
> Hi Ivan,
> I'm glad that you have managed to get your problem solved. As it was similar to mine would you be kind enough to let me know what you have done and what operating system your using.
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
>
> Many thanks
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,
The problem of disconnections or what appears to be a random or regular or even frequent dropped connections on ADSL line. Was in the end a simple story, infact it was so simple I couldn't believe I had missed something so simple. OK! Geoff I am using windowsXP Pro but this is completely irrelevant as this setting would apply to almost any version of windows.

If your using an ADSL modem and also using Dial-up networking (DUN)to make & establish a connection to F9. Click on (that is just highlight)the connection and next right click with the mouse (see properties of the connection)you should see a number of tabs along the top of the page/window, next goto the "options" tab and under the second section on this page see "Re-dialing options" there are several different settings here, goto/see "Idle time before hang up" this is set to 20mins by windows by default (which is why you will be disconnected). Click on the drop down combo box and change the current setting from 20mins to "NEVER" click OK and close down the DUN settings OK any further dialogue boxes, finally you WILL have to reboot your machine for the new setting/s to take effect. But after you have done this your machine should not be disconnected (well NOT by windows or the DUN).

HOPE THIS IS OF HELP!

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: HERES HOW!!

> > > Hi,
> > > I think I've managed to solve my dropping connection problem, it was a windows setting that needed changing. Apologues to F9 for ealier comments made out of sheer frustration. Some times it NOT F9 but the users settings.
> > >
> > > IR
> > >
> > Hi Ivan,
> > I'm glad that you have managed to get your problem solved. As it was similar to mine would you be kind enough to let me know what you have done and what operating system your using.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Geoff
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Geoff
>
> Hi Geoff,
> The problem of disconnections or what appears to be a random or regular or even frequent dropped connections on ADSL line. Was in the end a simple story, infact it was so simple I couldn't believe I had missed something so simple. OK! Geoff I am using windowsXP Pro but this is completely irrelevant as this setting would apply to almost any version of windows.
>
> If your using an ADSL modem and also using Dial-up networking (DUN)to make & establish a connection to F9. Click on (that is just highlight)the connection and next right click with the mouse (see properties of the connection)you should see a number of tabs along the top of the page/window, next goto the "options" tab and under the second section on this page see "Re-dialing options" there are several different settings here, goto/see "Idle time before hang up" this is set to 20mins by windows by default (which is why you will be disconnected). Click on the drop down combo box and change the current setting from 20mins to "NEVER" click OK and close down the DUN settings OK any further dialogue boxes, finally you WILL have to reboot your machine for the new setting/s to take effect. But after you have done this your machine should not be disconnected (well NOT by windows or the DUN).
>
> HOPE THIS IS OF HELP!
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>

Hi Ivan
Many thanks for letting me know. I had already checked this so it's not the cause of my problem. On the plus side I have spoken with customer support 3 times to day, once within 10 mins, the other within 20 mins and the last within 30 mins. Not great (the last 2) but an improvement.

The guy I have spoken to has also beenon the ball and had me doing specific pings and tracert's. The outcome is that when my throughput dies it dies at the local exchange, gets there and thats it.

The techie guy also pointed me to www.broadbandreports.com/tweaks where I have tuned my connection (when its working) to perfection.

Cheers
Geoff
N/A

RE: HERES HOW!! REPLY AGAIN

> > > > Hi,
> > > > I think I've managed to solve my dropping connection problem, it was a windows setting that needed changing. Apologues to F9 for ealier comments made out of sheer frustration. Some times it NOT F9 but the users settings.
> > > >
> > > > IR
> > > >
> > > Hi Ivan,
> > > I'm glad that you have managed to get your problem solved. As it was similar to mine would you be kind enough to let me know what you have done and what operating system your using.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Geoff
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > > Geoff
> >
> > Hi Geoff,
> > The problem of disconnections or what appears to be a random or regular or even frequent dropped connections on ADSL line. Was in the end a simple story, infact it was so simple I couldn't believe I had missed something so simple. OK! Geoff I am using windowsXP Pro but this is completely irrelevant as this setting would apply to almost any version of windows.
> >
> > If your using an ADSL modem and also using Dial-up networking (DUN)to make & establish a connection to F9. Click on (that is just highlight)the connection and next right click with the mouse (see properties of the connection)you should see a number of tabs along the top of the page/window, next goto the "options" tab and under the second section on this page see "Re-dialing options" there are several different settings here, goto/see "Idle time before hang up" this is set to 20mins by windows by default (which is why you will be disconnected). Click on the drop down combo box and change the current setting from 20mins to "NEVER" click OK and close down the DUN settings OK any further dialogue boxes, finally you WILL have to reboot your machine for the new setting/s to take effect. But after you have done this your machine should not be disconnected (well NOT by windows or the DUN).
> >
> > HOPE THIS IS OF HELP!
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Ivan
> >
>
> Hi Ivan
> Many thanks for letting me know. I had already checked this so it's not the cause of my problem. On the plus side I have spoken with customer support 3 times to day, once within 10 mins, the other within 20 mins and the last within 30 mins. Not great (the last 2) but an improvement.
>
> The guy I have spoken to has also beenon the ball and had me doing specific pings and tracert's. The outcome is that when my throughput dies it dies at the local exchange, gets there and thats it.
>
> The techie guy also pointed me to www.broadbandreports.com/tweaks where I have tuned my connection (when its working) to perfection.
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
>

Hi Geoff,
Glad to hear you've got some movement on that problem. So sounds like a line card issue or a BT exchange problem (i.e BT's kit not F9 thats good news though). Is your connection behaving itself now as a matter of interest (you didn't say specifically).

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: HERES HOW!! REPLY AGAIN

> Hi Geoff,
> Glad to hear you've got some movement on that problem. So sounds like a line card issue or a BT exchange problem (i.e BT's kit not F9 thats good news though). Is your connection behaving itself now as a matter of interest (you didn't say specifically).
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>
>
> --
>
Hi Ivan,
The connection throuhput still drops at random times from 5 mins to 1hour 40 mins. Certainly not consistent.
I'm happier now that F9 and myself have identified the problem to be with the network at the exchange although I now have to wait till Monday / Tuesday for them to getthe engineers involved to repair this but at least its moving forward.
Cheers
Geoff
--
Geoff Brown
N/A

RE: HERES HOW!! REPLY AGAIN GEOFF

> > Hi Geoff,
> > Glad to hear you've got some movement on that problem. So sounds like a line card issue or a BT exchange problem (i.e BT's kit not F9 thats good news though). Is your connection behaving itself now as a matter of interest (you didn't say specifically).
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Ivan
> >
> >
> > --
> >
> Hi Ivan,
> The connection throuhput still drops at random times from 5 mins to 1hour 40 mins. Certainly not consistent.
> I'm happier now that F9 and myself have identified the problem to be with the network at the exchange although I now have to wait till Monday / Tuesday for them to getthe engineers involved to repair this but at least its moving forward.
> Cheers
> Geoff
>
> --
> Geoff Brown

Hi Geoff,
I am pleased that the root cause seems to have been identified,lets hope that BT engineers can sort it out early next week for you. And have your ADSL back up and working as well as mine is now. I had forgotten just how great ADSL can be when it works well,now I feel I'm getting what I signed up for and my moneys worth. Look forwards to hearing some good news from your end soon.

Best Regards
Ivan

--