cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional DNS records (Advanced)

Marteknet
Grafter

Following the launch of the new CGI server I have to find a way to make URLs work both on my cgi and the new ccgi server addresses. So I can continue to use the old set up while at the same time re-write, upload and test the new ccgi server.

Here lies the problem, a lot of my scripts use full URL's as they pass variables for example cgi.martek-net.co.uk/somedir/afile?variable1=itsvalue&variable2=secondvalue

It would not be a workable solution for me to change all the URLs to ccgi.martek.force9.co.uk/somedir/........ to test them all before the change over and the close of the old cgi server as i have more than one domain, each with many files only to have to change them back to ccgi.domain.co.uk/somedir/.... later when the files were tested.

I was wondering if I could use the Additional DNS records set up on the portal to run both in tandem. cgi.martek-net.co.uk and ccgi.martek-net.co.uk at the same time.

settings would be:
old settings
left field cgi
type cname
right field cgi.martek.force9.co.uk.

additional pointer added
left field ccgi
type cname
right field ccgi.martek.force9.co.uk.

so would have two entrys
left field cgi
type cname
right field cgi.martek.force9.co.uk.
and
left field ccgi
type cname
right field ccgi.martek.force9.co.uk.

Has anyone here any idea if this would work ?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Yep, it should work. From what I can gather, the ccgi. for your domain will work on the new server as soon as you saet the DNS records up.
Marteknet
Grafter

cheers Colin I will give it a try it will help a little at least i will only have to re-write scripts once if it works.