cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to MySQL servers (humbug) outside F9 ?

N/A

Just a quick question that's not answered in F9's own docs -Sad

I'm just wondering if I can connect to my mySQL database whilst out on the road, or do I have to be on F9's network (like you have to, to access the CGI/Shell servers).

I just want to do a table update from SQLyog on my laptop.

Thanks,
Stuart.

[Moderators note (by Colin(csogilvie)): Duplicate Thread removed]
5 REPLIES
N/A

It is possible to use the hostname "rumpus.plus.net" to connect to the mySQL databases externally, however, it is not supported and is quite bandwidth hungry.
N/A

Hmmm...just got the network guys to open up the firewall here at work for rumpus.plus.net and I get :

Error no. 1045 : Access denied for user <blah blah> (Using Password:YES)

So I guess, rumpus.plus.net allows connections from outside F9 but my account isn't known on rumpus (because it's on humbug.force9.net)..

Anyway - just tried humbug.force9.net again and I'm in !!! Smashin' !
The problem was resolved here with a change to the firewall.

Thanks,
Stuart.

p.s. sorry about duplicate post - refresh went nuts when the foum slowed down...always blame a computer !
N/A

Odd, I'm sure you mentioned you were on rumpus in the first post... I must have been imagining things!
N/A

No Remote Access

I read somewhere that you can only access the FTP servers whilst logged in on an F9 connection - So whilst at work you cant.

Hope this helps.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

On a subscription account you should be able to access the FTP servers without being connected to our network, although you won't be able to access the CGI server.