cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

by the sounds of it they can cope with 2MB and downwards, but they might not be sure how much people on 8MB will use they keep it as 500GB, as they have a sister company and are global (as far as i know) they can afford to keep 2mb downwards, unlimited like AOL!
64 REPLIES
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

Cry I got an email from F9 on the 8th of this month saying that im going on the fair usage starting from the 14th of this month.

I am still on my 512 connection & because of how slow my speed is I need lots of hour’s to-do my downloading in. So between 1am & 8am im not going to be able to download much at all. This is a complete waste of time so in order to download & run my company I have to download in the day also taking away from my 30gb.

I have no problem with this policy but its no good unless I get 2mbit in order to get my downloading done in the night.

I need to know when I get my connection updated if it’s not going to get done in the next 3 – 4 weeks I have to leave. 2 options I have been looking at currently are 2mbit with Ukonline with no download limits or pipex 1mbit with no download limits. Or 8Mbit UKOnline for £29 per month looks good Smiley nice price drop.

Can you let me know what is going on & when will things happen.

Thanks inadvance
N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

I have paid £14.99 to get my connection upgraded to the fastest it can do, and not wait for the free upgrade. Takes up to 5-7 working days.... Hoping for the full 2mbit.

Tis an extra expense which may may you just want to leave more, but if you need it...
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

May i ask why do you stay with F9 after seeing all the changes going on ? Reason i am is while all this action is going on & ISP's are changing im waiting till everything settles down abit before making up my mind about which isp offers the best deals.

No wonder F9 + plusnet only have 85,000 customers compared to others which have 200,000+ & offer unlimited service.

Anyway Im going to sit here & stream music & carrie on being happy while looking for a better ISP. Smiley F9 never plans nothing at all. first off blasts into the terms & Conditions about this policy which shocked us all. then gives you small amounts of bandwidth. As they sit back sucking in the money. Now wants customers on this new policy before we get top speed which are lines can take. F9 will make summer hoildays great for sure "NOT".
N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

I stay because I get excellent service and a load of extras which I use. I dont need an unlimited ISP and i'm sure that as these unlimited ISPs get overloaded users which use it as unlimited, they will start booting people off / introducing capping. Paying for what you use is the most logical and fairest way to go for all - if you use a lot you should pay for it and let the people who don't use a lot pay less.

If I thought plusnet were being unreasonable then I wouldnt be here. Saying that I do look at the competition, but I havent found a better ISP yet. As you say there is a lot of change in ISP-land, will be intresting to see what comes out of it!!
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

Very true about all the extras which is very usefull. May i infact ask if what you say is true why has AOL not capped their service or any other huge ISP's ? I know alot of people which downloads GB's from their aol. Do you think this is because they have over 700,000 customers compared to F9 which has 83,000 ? which means AOL can afford having a few extreme downloaders. or what do you think on this ?
N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

Yeah AOL has seemed to live up to its word so far. I seem to find that experienced users tend to shy away from AOL because ... well its AOL! Also they are very good for much less experienced users, bringing all the net into one 'convenient' place/program.

If they do have a high proportion of less experienced users, and these users dont use much bandwdith, does that balance out the usage?

I think you are right in saying that F9's user base isnt big enough to sustain many heavy downloaders - 0.2% of the user base taking up 10% of the ADSL platform didn't they say?? lol
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

yeah something like that they said jarvis LoL Smiley

This is Properly why Ukonline is able to drop the price of 8mbit connection from £39 to £29 with 500Gb bandwidth because the company is so huge & its a sister company to Easynet which is global. In looking at this i belive only the isp's with large amounts of customers will stand out now.

I may be looking at this badly but F9 could start going down hill & the big isp's really start taking off because their unlimited packages look nicer.

At the very moment 2 packages are sucking me in 1 is Ukonline 2mbit unlimited & pipex 1mbit unlimited. My friend has just got their 8mbit connection from UKonline and has been downloading at 980kb/s LoL thats dreamy. I use 50gb bandwidth per month so 500GB will cover me LoL
N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

when 8MBit comes out, i might change to UKOnline @ £29.99 cas its a better deal. Unless the packages are changed between now and then.

Force9, 8MBit @ £29.99 with 50GB

or

UKOnline, 8MBit @ £29.99 with 500GB
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

Force9, 8MBit @ £29.99 with 50GB

or

UKOnline, 8MBit @ £29.99 with 500GB

LoL this is very funny looking at it like that. Ummm hard to decide shell i go for 50gb or 500gb Hmmm not sure lol

Thats abit of a pain im on the only one in the whole city which is not updated yet for 8mbit. my friend which is not far from me has 8mbit from ukonline & is loving it. He says the router they supply aint amazing but it sure does the job. But most of us well I sure do have a router anyway which will run Ukonline 8mbit fine.

wont be long before the last exchange in this city gets done then I can get 8mbit. Its abit crazy because im on the first exchange to get SDSL setup for the whole city.
N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

my exchange (yapton) only has 2MB and no SDSL setup!
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

I can get 2mbit without a problem on my exchange. its the only exchange which BT dont let no one in.

Ive been in contact with easynet about them getting their hardware in the exchange many times. But BT keeps putting a blocker on them.

Maybe BT are doing hidden testing in the exchange Wink LoL

Ive even been in contact with telewest because awhile ago wanted a 8mbit upload & download line here. must of spent hours talking to differnet ISP's about differnet connections & SDSL from that exchange. could be why it was first one in the area to get done Smiley
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

my exchange (yapton) only has 2MB and no SDSL setup!

no plan for your exchange to even get SDSL for maybe couple of years. You got any good beachs where you are? lol you are right at the very bottom of UK. when all the new DSL comes out it will take ages to get to your exchange.
N/A

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

thats a bit stupid cas as soon as BT set the trigger rate, it took less than a month to reach its target, 300. In our area a lot of people ADSL in our area.
zone8
Grafter

Abit Unhappy!!!!!!!

LoL Ukonline dropped their prices for their 512 connection to £9.99 inc vat LoL oh & UNLIMITED Downloads.

Its 100% because they have their own hardware in the phone exchanges. but even their standard packages are unlimited downloads LoL.

alot will move away from F9 at some point in next couple of years unless they do something. seems cable companys will take over & Easynet lol Smiley