cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI or WMA Files to MPEG2

N/A

Hi,

Can anyone please give me a sinple explanation how to burn a movie file onto a DVD from AVI or WMA files?

Sony digital handycam; non-Sony computer; Nero version 6, plenty of hard disk space and DVD writer available

Totally confused!! Shockedops:
4 REPLIES
N/A

Can't you burn it straight from media player?
N/A

Cheesy Use Cucusoft's products or Nero Digital.
Regards,
Sam
N/A

I should have made it clear that I want the DVD to be playable on household DVD players so the final format will have to be MPEG2.
N/A

Provided you have the Nero 6 Powerpack, use Nero VisionExpress. Choose the "Make DVD" option. You can then choose to directly capture the original footage from the camera if you have it connected via the Firewire. Alternatively if you have transferred the original footage to the Hard Drive, choose the Add Video to add a video file.

Once that is done, a few "Next" click should see the DVD files being burnt to the Hard Drive. I always burn the VOB (DVD) files to the hard drive to ensure that the size of the files will fit on the DVD. Then once the DVD files are recorded, use Nero Burning Rom to "Make DVD". Choose the VIDEO_TS files and drag across, then burn, make sure you finalise the disc - hey presto one DVD ready for playing on the TV.

I assume that you will not be burning to a DVD-RAM disc?