cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIDS, THE FINAL FRONTIER??

N/A

AIDS, THE FINAL FRONTIER??

During the late eighties it was very apparent that the Government and health officials were concerned at controlling the worldwide spread of HIV and AIDS. Have they succeeded? Failed dismally is the answer!! Why? Failure to introduce proper education to prevent general ignorance about the disease and excessively expensive drugs is the answer to that question. It just goes to show that governments the world over are totally detached from reality. They have failed to communicate to their populations how important it is, or in many cases “was”, that protection is taken in the way of condoms and safe sex to prevent HIV. They have failed to enforce on the majority of schools to teach children the subject of HIV and AIDS and other sexually transmissible infections. Of course HIV can be contracted through the secondary use of syringe needles in drug abuse, but most cases are caught through unprotected sexual intercourse.

But does the buck stop at governments. I suspect not. Schools could be equally to blame.

I am a forty year old male (heterosexual). I was lucky enough at school to be taught about sexually transmissible infections (STIs) - and that was in the early seventies!!! Fortunately AIDS did not exist then and even if you did get a STI, unless you were a complete idiot and did not get medical help, you would survive with the use of antibiotics. BUT AIDS KILLS and there is no cure for it.

I am astounded by the number of young people in their teens and early twenties who have little, or inaccurate, or no knowledge of the subject. Their schooling has failed them dismally!!! What is the point of learning trigonometry in maths, how to draw a landscape painting in art and read books in English if a young person goes out and has unprotected sex and then gets a DEATH SENTENCE of HIV. Their life has been wasted, through ignorance. It is time that teachers woke up to the fact that teaching sex education is not about how a female gets pregnant and the growth of a baby; that’s biology!! Sex education is the teaching of having sex, enjoying it and doing it safely!! I shall concentrate on the “doing it safely” bit here. In the Netherlands, they teach young children as low as the age of eight what condoms are and how they are used. It’s interesting isn’t it that the Netherlands has the lowest unwanted pregnancy rate in Europe. Which must mean one of two things. Either they don’t have sex (which I think is highly unlikely) or they do it safely!! This also means that the HIV rate in the Netherlands is likely to be far lower than it here in the UK.

Teachers need to consider teaching proper sex education to young children. If they are unable to do so themselves, head teachers and school governors should employ specially trained teachers to do this. If you start teaching the subject young, children learn quicker and are not embarrassed and or “big headed” about the subject, as they might be in later years.

It is madness to think that HIV and AIDS only exists in other countries. DON’T BE FOOLED!! South London is now seeing the biggest growth rate ever of HIV infections with St Thomas Hospital seeing 1200 patients already infected with the virus. That figure does not include people who have not been diagnosed. Non diagnosed cases could be the same figure - 1200!! Worse still ST Thomas Hospital has a growth rate of 15% per year on that 1200 figure, i.e. another 180 extra cases will be diagnosed in the next year. This will get worse as time goes on. Not only that, but we are only talking about one hospital, let alone any of the hundreds of other hospitals that see HIV patients!!

FACT: One third of all 18 -24 year old people
think that there IS a cure for AIDS.

There is NO cure AIDS.
AIDS is a DEATH SENTENCE!!

FACT: Half of all 18 - 24 year olds do not
think they have to worry about getting
HIV when having unprotected sex with a
new partner.

START WORRYING IMMEDIATELY!!! Anyone
can contract HIV. Even YOU, reading this
article, could have caught it, if you
have had unprotected sex with a
partner. You can’t tell by looking at
someone if they have HIV. they look
completely normal!! You can’t be sure
they haven’t had unprotected sex with
someone else who had the HIV infection.

WITH HIV AND AIDS RAPIDLY BECOMING AN EPIDEMIC, IT IS SHEAR STUPIDITY NOT TO WEAR A CONDOM WHEN HAVING SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.

!!!UNPROTECTED SEX COULD GET YOU A DEATH SENTENCE!!!