cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL upgrade charge for domain name

riverbuoy

ADSL upgrade charge for domain name

I have recently been charged £1 per month for a domain name which I didn't even know I had. When I queried this with plusnet they asked if I had not seen the option when I upgraded my account to ADSL.
I replied I DID see the option and I dhose NOT to have a domain name, and if their records showed otherwise then their upgrade process must be in error.
They didn't indicate what their records show and just said I coundn't have my money back. How do I prove that I never asked for a domain name?
In the older messages I discovered someone else who had the same problem.
How many people have been decieved this way? And how many don't know you're being charged extra for a domain name you didn't even know you had?
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL upgrade charge for domain name

The option is there as you sign-up.

You must have ticked the box.

There is no way of proving that you never ticked this box.
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Guys,

We take a more than three hundred signups every day. Looking at the stats of users who select the £1 domain option I am very confident that customers choices are being recorded correctly.

We are sorry that this has tainted your experaince of our company but I hope you can appreciate this matter from our side. Obviously if we did identify a problem with the singup procedure we would make ammends, but the system is normally very reliable and unless we can detect a problem we have to apply our standard rules to all transactions.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi Guys,
>
> We take a more than three hundred signups every day. Looking at the stats of users who select the £1 domain option I am very confident that customers choices are being recorded correctly.
>
> We are sorry that this has tainted your experaince of our company but I hope you can appreciate this matter from our side. Obviously if we did identify a problem with the singup procedure we would make ammends, but the system is normally very reliable and unless we can detect a problem we have to apply our standard rules to all transactions.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

Ian, piquing my curiosity, as I am unable to get ADSL here in Beautiful Beccles in Sunny Suffolk (although the Sun has now gone down over the yardarm,so to speak) what is this extra domain name please?
For I have 1 already established with +N, does that infer that upon the tendrils of BT enablement reaching me that when, and I do want to, I sign up I will be given(the option of) anothe domain name for £1?
N/A

> For I have 1 already established with +N, does that infer that upon the tendrils of BT enablement reaching me that when, and I do want to, I sign up I will be given(the option of) anothe domain name for £1?

I'm inclined to agree, Beccles is beautiful and one of the few places in that part of the world I have visited, thanks to it's proximity to the broads - I made it down there last year when we brought a hire yacht from Horning down there in one day (The wind was perfick all the way!).

With Regard to the domain, this is only what you already have with an included domain, but you need to pay £1 a month for it - You can only have one of these for eeach account. Not all ADSL accounts have Included domain options due to the lower profit margins on ADSL making this an unsustainable offer on some account types. The £1 domain is a compromise between the two!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support