cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL speeds consistantly down for days now!

N/A

ADSL speeds consistantly down for days now!

Hi,
I have been having consistantly slow ADSL speeds now for the last few days and the situation is NOT
improving. I am sure I am not alone!! I dont think contention would explain such huge losses of bandwidth.

Come on F9 please can we have some explaination if there are wider issues going on here? for example if BT is struggling or if F9 is struggling with backbone's etc then lets be up front about it. I would be re-assured bye that and could accept that problems are happening. Anyone know whats going down.

Ivan

--
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL speeds consistantly down for days now!

Just wanted to post my agreement.
N/A

> Just wanted to post my agreement.

I have been doing trace routes..and instaed of connection at ilford of 17 I am registering 300 to 400 ping with a few hops further (within the plusnet organisation) 100% packet loss. This is the last hop before it reaches the internet proper.

Its awful for surfing and terrible for gaming. When playing games I usually register 60 to 80 ping at the games server..Now its 600 to 700 or more.

Just what is happening?
N/A

Yep in the office (another account to that I'm posting on now) we've been having major problems with our proxy/mail server timing out since monday. Emails send eventually but I'm receiving about 100 failed to connect to pop server messages a day from our mail server (when normally I receive at most 2 a day).

Oh and the other reason I'm posting this from home is that I can't stay connected for long enough at work as our proxy server just gives up.
N/A

>

OK - I know the ADSL service was down this morning, but now it is "working" it's slower than ever. I have just tried the speed test at monitor.force9.net and get (eventually) 17kbps (2.2KBps)!!!What exactly is going on here - I've dug out my trusty V34 modem to get a faster connection!

N/A

> >
>
> OK - I know the ADSL service was down this morning, but now it is "working" it's slower than ever. I have just tried the speed test at monitor.force9.net and get (eventually) 17kbps (2.2KBps)!!!What exactly is going on here - I've dug out my trusty V34 modem to get a faster connection!
>
>

Check out www.eclipse.co.uk - they're quite happy to accept people who've got ADSL and who're dissatisfied with their current ISP.
N/A

RE: ADSL speed is slow

i agree, its not right. i'm leaving if things dont approve. i'm currently at 2.5k. what a joke

N/A

At least you've got something!

Us busines users with static IP address have got nothing at all. We've had to bring the old 56k modem out of retirement!

> i agree, its not right. i'm leaving if things dont approve. i'm currently at 2.5k. what a joke
>
>
>

N/A

its bad when you have to leave the pc downloading through the night. i could do that with my 56k and it was still faster. my mate is with another isp and he was on the same site at the same time and never dropped below 48k a sec
N/A

I have posted a grumble as a new thread.

We have around 20 F9 accounts and it has been impossible since last wednesday. (and who heard of doing an "upgrade" on the last day of the month anyway when we all want to get invoices out of the door!!

I also wrote personally to the MD of Force9 but no reply yet.

Peter Blundell