cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL speed

N/A

ADSL speed

Hi all

Have any of you tried a speed test recently? If so is it slower? Mine is. It used to be well over 400 downstream but now its much lower. I have check the cabling, MTU settings etc so I now have no idea what it could be.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL speed

> Hi all
>
> Have any of you tried a speed test recently? If so is it slower? Mine is. It used to be well over 400 downstream but now its much lower. I have check the cabling, MTU settings etc so I now have no idea what it could be.

I have also phoned BT and got them to check my line and all is well there. I used to have a downstream of 475 if i remember and now its about 390. Thats a considerable drop and it is noticeable.
N/A

> > Hi all
> >
> > Have any of you tried a speed test recently? If so is it slower? Mine is. It used to be well over 400 downstream but now its much lower. I have check the cabling, MTU settings etc so I now have no idea what it could be.
>
> I have also phoned BT and got them to check my line and all is well there. I used to have a downstream of 475 if i remember and now its about 390. Thats a considerable drop and it is noticeable.

Hi,
This happens all the time ADSL bandwidth is NOT a guarenteed level of service. YES! I know you might well say this is ***** and in many ways I agree. However in reality ADSL is a service that is halfway between a normal dailup and a permanent business type highspeed lan. ie. ADSL can be torn down & put back up as an when required.

There variation in your bandwidth is influenced by a whole variety of variable factors outside of our control. I wont list all of these factors but there are lots of them. The only question is wheather you can live or accept that ADSL is NOT ALWAYS!!going to be a perky as you would like it to be. You have to decide if your getting value for money, also ADSL is still a relatively young technology and alot of people forget that fact and this also affects the quality of service too.
--
N/A

> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > Have any of you tried a speed test recently? If so is it slower? Mine is. It used to be well over 400 downstream but now its much lower. I have check the cabling, MTU settings etc so I now have no idea what it could be.
> >
> > I have also phoned BT and got them to check my line and all is well there. I used to have a downstream of 475 if i remember and now its about 390. Thats a considerable drop and it is noticeable.
>
> Hi,
> This happens all the time ADSL bandwidth is NOT a guarenteed level of service. YES! I know you might well say this is ***** and in many ways I agree. However in reality ADSL is a service that is halfway between a normal dailup and a permanent business type highspeed lan. ie. ADSL can be torn down & put back up as an when required.
>
> There variation in your bandwidth is influenced by a whole variety of variable factors outside of our control. I wont list all of these factors but there are lots of them. The only question is wheather you can live or accept that ADSL is NOT ALWAYS!!going to be a perky as you would like it to be. You have to decide if your getting value for money, also ADSL is still a relatively young technology and alot of people forget that fact and this also affects the quality of service too.
>
> --
>

Thanks for the reply. I can live with it and still consider it good value for money. Afterall compared to dialup access this is still a dream!