cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL recommendation

N/A

ADSL recommendation

I am thinking of upgrading to ADSL for home/small business use. Does anyone have experience of ADSL with F9 versus ADSL with BT, or other providers? What I mean is, how have colleagues out there found the service etc provided by F9? I have had no problems with my dial-up account but would be interested in your experiences with F9 ADSL.
Thanks
Bob
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL recommendation,Reply

> I am thinking of upgrading to ADSL for home/small business use. Does anyone have experience of ADSL with F9 versus ADSL with BT, or other providers? What I mean is, how have colleagues out there found the service etc provided by F9? I have had no problems with my dial-up account but would be interested in your experiences with F9 ADSL.
> Thanks
> Bob

Hi Bob,
I have been an F9/plusnet user for nearly 5years now on a basic bronze dail-up account. I upgraded to ADSL/broadband account in the summer June/July and have had excellent quality of service from F9.

Personally I would be happy to recommend force9's home/self install ADSL service to you,provided you have some basic knowledge of how to install the equipent & software.

I have other friends who use different ISP's and they have not had as good a service as myself. The only other ISP's I know of who definately do provide good broadband services are NTL (via cable service through a set-top box,also used for TV)and Telewest (but very dependant on where you live as coverage seems a bit patchy still).

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: ADSL recommendation,Reply

Hi Ivan
Many thanks for this.
Regards
Bob
--------------
> Hi Bob,
> I have been an F9/plusnet user for nearly 5years now on a basic bronze dail-up account. I upgraded to ADSL/broadband account in the summer June/July and have had excellent quality of service from F9.
>
> Personally I would be happy to recommend force9's home/self install ADSL service to you,provided you have some basic knowledge of how to install the equipent & software.
>
> I have other friends who use different ISP's and they have not had as good a service as myself. The only other ISP's I know of who definately do provide good broadband services are NTL (via cable service through a set-top box,also used for TV)and Telewest (but very dependant on where you live as coverage seems a bit patchy still).
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>
>
> --
>

N/A

RE: ADSL recommendation,Reply Again

> Hi Ivan
> Many thanks for this.
> Regards
> Bob
> --------------
> > Hi Bob,
> > I have been an F9/plusnet user for nearly 5years now on a basic bronze dail-up account. I upgraded to ADSL/broadband account in the summer June/July and have had excellent quality of service from F9.
> >
> > Personally I would be happy to recommend force9's home/self install ADSL service to you,provided you have some basic knowledge of how to install the equipent & software.
> >
> > I have other friends who use different ISP's and they have not had as good a service as myself. The only other ISP's I know of who definately do provide good broadband services are NTL (via cable service through a set-top box,also used for TV)and Telewest (but very dependant on where you live as coverage seems a bit patchy still).
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Ivan
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
>

Hi Bob,
Your most welcome, I think you would be extremely hard pushed to find a better broadband deal at the prices F9 & Plusnet can offer. Have a look at both AOL (who are doing a big broadband marketing push at the moment but are more expensive!)also BT do a broadband service and yet again you'll end up paying more per month for what they offer. F9 offers such a good range of extra service features included within their product (I still think its pretty impressive for the price).

Best Regards & happy new year
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: ADSL recommendation

Well i have seen a few sites.
I won't say which.

But anyway,
UK Rankings, (ADSL only)
Force9 / Plusnet 6th
Based on speed of connection

Force9 / Plusnet 2nd
Force9 / Plusnet 4th
Based on Price, customer service, setup time. etc

I really dont think these are too bad ranks considering 1, the amount of isps in the uk, and 2, the competition.