cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL disconnects while phoning

N/A

ADSL disconnects while phoning

Hi folks - have raised ticket on this and they suggested reporting to BT, which I have done, so this is in case anyone has other ideas. Recent self install of PCI ADSL. For diagnosis I have got just an extenion lead from BT socket to near PC, one splitter, one phone and connection to PCI ADSL modem. In fact have tried three different extension leads, two splitters, and three different phones. Always if I pick up phone to make a call, or answer an incoming call, the PC makes a "ding" error noise, and the ADSL status changes from "connected" to "connecting". Outlook can't send and receive, pages don't load, etc. Sometimes it recovers after the call, but not if longer call.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling modem drivers. Am pretty sure all leads etc are fitted properly and splitter is being used properly. Have tried with modem bypassing the splitter so only thing in splitter is phone.

ADSL connection is good normally.

Any ideas for anything to try other than getting the line checked?

Cheers

Andy

--
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL disconnects while phoning

Andy,

I would try these tests out to see if your issue can be resolved:

1, Try another filter(s)in the telephone sockets.

2, Try another extension cable if you are using one.

3, Ensure all sockets contain filters if phone lines are being used.

I'm not trying to pass the buck here but we will not be able raise your issue to BT Broadband Repairs becuse technically it is not a internet related problem.

In all honesty, if the problem continues you may have to raise your issue to BT on 151.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: ADSL disconnects while phoning,JUST A THOUGHT!

> Hi folks - have raised ticket on this and they suggested reporting to BT, which I have done, so this is in case anyone has other ideas. Recent self install of PCI ADSL. For diagnosis I have got just an extenion lead from BT socket to near PC, one splitter, one phone and connection to PCI ADSL modem. In fact have tried three different extension leads, two splitters, and three different phones. Always if I pick up phone to make a call, or answer an incoming call, the PC makes a "ding" error noise, and the ADSL status changes from "connected" to "connecting". Outlook can't send and receive, pages don't load, etc. Sometimes it recovers after the call, but not if longer call.
>
> Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling modem drivers. Am pretty sure all leads etc are fitted properly and splitter is being used properly. Have tried with modem bypassing the splitter so only thing in splitter is phone.
>
> ADSL connection is good normally.
>
> Any ideas for anything to try other than getting the line checked?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> --
>

Hi Andy,
After reading all the symptoms & things you've tried I am seriously wondering if the problem is related to your actual modem (hardware). Could you send it back and try another one? it's not impossible that this could be duff or gliche hardware (sounds obviously but have you considered the hardware itself as the source of the problem?)

As I said just a thought to pass your way!!?

Hope you get this sorted out,will watch out for further developments in this story.

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

I was also getting this. I thought it was the splitter, but I replaced it and was still getting disconnected from time to time. Now it has mysteriously sorted itself out. It hasn't happened since last Friday though (fingers crossed).

Frank

> Hi folks - have raised ticket on this and they suggested reporting to BT, which I have done, so this is in case anyone has other ideas. Recent self install of PCI ADSL. For diagnosis I have got just an extenion lead from BT socket to near PC, one splitter, one phone and connection to PCI ADSL modem. In fact have tried three different extension leads, two splitters, and three different phones. Always if I pick up phone to make a call, or answer an incoming call, the PC makes a "ding" error noise, and the ADSL status changes from "connected" to "connecting". Outlook can't send and receive, pages don't load, etc. Sometimes it recovers after the call, but not if longer call.
>
> Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling modem drivers. Am pretty sure all leads etc are fitted properly and splitter is being used properly. Have tried with modem bypassing the splitter so only thing in splitter is phone.
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> --
>

cannylad
Grafter

Hi Andy,
I had this problem but sorted it out by putting the second filter on my phone downstairs...worked for me anyway.
Eric
--
N/A

It turns out it was the microfilters - the F9 supplied ones are dud. I bought a new one and tried it in a simple disgnostic setup, and it worked. Double checked by interchanging with the supplied ones and it consistently failed.

Thanks to all those who replied.

I've got a temp setup that works fine now, but not full use of phones because I need more than one working filter. But at least I can surf!

>
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> --
>

--
N/A

> It turns out it was the microfilters - the F9 supplied ones are dud. I bought a new one and tried it in a simple disgnostic setup, and it worked. Double checked by interchanging with the supplied ones and it consistently failed.
>
> Thanks to all those who replied.
>
> I've got a temp setup that works fine now, but not full use of phones because I need more than one working filter. But at least I can surf!
>
> > Hi folks - have raised ticket on this and they suggested reporting to BT, which I have done, so this is in case anyone has other ideas. Recent self install of PCI ADSL. For diagnosis I have got just an extenion lead from BT socket to near PC, one splitter, one phone and connection to PCI ADSL modem. In fact have tried three different extension leads, two splitters, and three different phones. Always if I pick up phone to make a call, or answer an incoming call, the PC makes a "ding" error noise, and the ADSL status changes from "connected" to "connecting". Outlook can't send and receive, pages don't load, etc. Sometimes it recovers after the call, but not if longer call.
> >
> > Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling modem drivers. Am pretty sure all leads etc are fitted properly and splitter is being used properly. Have tried with modem bypassing the splitter so only thing in splitter is phone.
> >
> > ADSL connection is good normally.
> >
> > Any ideas for anything to try other than getting the line checked?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Andy
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
>
>
> --
>
hi yep i have the same problem here I got my usb Modem on monday set it all up thought great i can surf now while the wife has the phone ? no such luck every time she uses the phone im disconected I been told it was the micro filters from F9 im waiting for them to replace them hope this will solve my problem? I thought of buying the filters but they were £19.00 quid so no way im buying them

Russ