cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL connection freeze up

N/A

I use a 4 port modem router, could any one tell me why occasionaly it will freeze or drop the connection to all of my 3 computers, (at least twice a week).
To restore I have to disconnect the power supply for a short while, reconnect which then reboots the connection. Why does this happen?

Phil
5 REPLIES
N/A

What brand? I have a 3Com that does this on firmware 1.24.. Try changing the firmware..
N/A

Lots of people seem to be having similar problems. From the reading I've done I suspect a conflict between Broadband and The SKY Boxes 'Passive' Telephone updating.

Try disconnecting the Sky Box for the Phone Line for a Week (you only need it connected to do the interactive stuff) and see if you can obtain a stable connection.
N/A

A lot of my problem came from a BT line fault, so they tell me, I changed the modem/router but I don't think that was the problem.
Yes Sky had caused problems mainly on dial up for in the past, still I have dealt with that as a possible problem,---- I've cancelled Sky, I may get a holiday on the savings.
Also part of Sky's conditons are that you always have your Sky boxes connected to the phone line or they threaten you with upping the fees, ripp-off merchants.
Thanks again for your reply
dbarrett
Grafter

I have a Binatone ADSL 2100 four port router that disconnects itself from Free-Online from time to time, however the connections between the PC's usually stay up ok.

I can reconnect by using the browser to log in to the router and press the Connect button, though sometimes this doesn't work and I have to switch the router power off, count to ten and switch it on again (or power cycle it as the tech support people like to say!).
N/A

A helpful tip was found under

http://portal.free-online.net/support/adsl/welcome_pack.shtml?fol_session=3407246f993f220b008b9ebce7...

If you've got SKY and its connected to a phone socket make sure it plugs into a Filter.

Was the root of all my problems. Wink