cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Service Restored THANKS F9

N/A

ADSL Service Restored THANKS F9

Hi,
I just wanted to say that my ADSL service from F9 has been restored to a superb quality once again. Its fast, responsive and Yes!its stable too,this is how it should be. So I personally want to say thank you to Force9 & Plusnet for sorting out all the previous problems relating to the serivce.

I would like to say that my only remaining criticism is concerned with response times to users technical support queries. I feel that recent changes to the online ticketing system has made matter worse than previously (the timing of these changes could not have been worse F9). The changes to the online ticketing system have made the system far less user friendly than before.

Personally it feels like the online ticketing system could be used to distance (shield)F9 from its customers, plus the fact that users cannot email queries support but F9 & support can email us the end users this feels unfair to say the least no matter how good F9's reasons might be. This is the sort of thing that endusers dont like, I'd like to see more support staff given to responding more quickly to support queries. I'd like to see a response time of not more than 2hrs for any support issue no matter how minor or major.

Ivan Ratoyevsky (sys admin cyteck)
--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Service Restored THANKS F9

> Hi,
> I just wanted to say that my ADSL service from F9 has been restored to a superb quality once again. Its fast, responsive and Yes!its stable too,this is how it should be. So I personally want to say thank you to Force9 & Plusnet for sorting out all the previous problems relating to the serivce.
>
> I would like to say that my only remaining criticism is concerned with response times to users technical support queries. I feel that recent changes to the online ticketing system has made matter worse than previously (the timing of these changes could not have been worse F9). The changes to the online ticketing system have made the system far less user friendly than before.
>
> Personally it feels like the online ticketing system could be used to distance (shield)F9 from its customers, plus the fact that users cannot email queries support but F9 & support can email us the end users this feels unfair to say the least no matter how good F9's reasons might be. This is the sort of thing that endusers dont like, I'd like to see more support staff given to responding more quickly to support queries. I'd like to see a response time of not more than 2hrs for any support issue no matter how minor or major.
>
> Ivan Ratoyevsky (sys admin cyteck)
>
> --
>
Hi Ivan,

Congratulations. I'm glad F9 seem to be getting it together again.
Cheers
Geoff

cannylad
Grafter

Hi,
Just what are you doing to get a good speed? Is yours faster than 103.40 kbps and a download speed of 12.93 kbps?
Cheers

--
N/A

> Hi,
> Just what are you doing to get a good speed? Is yours faster than 103.40 kbps and a download speed of 12.93 kbps?
> Cheers
>
>
> --
>

Hi,
The only major change I have made to my own system since the service has been restored by F9 (after the recent outages)is to change the MTU value of my machine. The MTU default in windows is 1500 and I changed it vai F9's recommendations to 1458 (well actually I set mine to 1453 and it works fine in winXP)But this is a tweak that needs to be done with great care and is only for those users who are confident with using the windows registry editor.

Todays test tests show the follwing results:
448Kbps downlink & 194Kbps uplink (using DSLreports.com).

IR

--
N/A

> > Hi,
> > Just what are you doing to get a good speed? Is yours faster than 103.40 kbps and a download speed of 12.93 kbps?
> > Cheers
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
> Hi,
> The only major change I have made to my own system since the service has been restored by F9 (after the recent outages)is to change the MTU value of my machine. The MTU default in windows is 1500 and I changed it vai F9's recommendations to 1458 (well actually I set mine to 1453 and it works fine in winXP)But this is a tweak that needs to be done with great care and is only for those users who are confident with using the windows registry editor.
>
> Todays test tests show the follwing results:
> 448Kbps downlink & 194Kbps uplink (using DSLreports.com).
>
> IR
>
>
> --
>
Hi, If you want to ensure that you are configured correctly then take a look at www.broadbandreports.com/tweaks
There is also a program called Drtcp which will make the necessary changes to the registary for you although you may want to safe guard yourself by backing up your registary before hand.

I made the changes to Rwin and MTU as recommended and get a 100% transmission throughput when my ADSL is working but that's another story.

For info I was recommended to this site by F9 technical support.
Cheers
Geoff