cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Query

N/A

ADSL Query

I am currently on ADSL self-install (20.99/pm) and am wondering firstly why the cost of business ADSL accounts are so much higher than home usage ones and also what would be the best route, if I wanted/needed to, to upgrade my ADSL link to 1MB or maybe even 2MB? A friend on NTL can get 1MB for £45/pm but I'm thinking that's only because NTL wholesale ADSL bandwidth, whereas F9 do not. Why don't BT offer customers the option to 'upgrade' their bandwidth relatively cheaply like NTL, makes sense to me.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Query

NTL is not ADSL.

F9 can only offer what BT wholesales. There is not a residential 1Mb service offered, yet.

Cheers,

Guy
N/A

> NTL is not ADSL.
>
> F9 can only offer what BT wholesales. There is not a residential 1Mb service offered, yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guy

Yeah, I guessed that NTL was not ADSL, what I meant is that NTL wholesale it, like BT, sorry for the confusion. Is it worth contacting BT and seeing if they are planning to offer a 1MB/2MB service?
N/A

> Yeah, I guessed that NTL was not ADSL, what I meant is that NTL wholesale it, like BT, sorry for the confusion. Is it worth contacting BT and seeing if they are planning to offer a 1MB/2MB service?

Hi,

I don't believe that BT have plans to introduce this product at anytime in the immediate future. You can be assured that as soon as they do we will make it available to customers and provide it at an excellent price.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

> > Yeah, I guessed that NTL was not ADSL, what I meant is that NTL wholesale it, like BT, sorry for the confusion. Is it worth contacting BT and seeing if they are planning to offer a 1MB/2MB service?
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't believe that BT have plans to introduce this product at anytime in the immediate future. You can be assured that as soon as they do we will make it available to customers and provide it at an excellent price.
>
> Regards, Torsten.
>

I don't doubt any of that at all, what I do think is stupid is BT for not offering such products. NTL, Blueyonder and various other ADSL wholesalers offer it from what I can tell (from people who have ADSL), yet BT have no plans to... so for me to get a 1MB link I have to change to a business user and then go through that route?

Am beginning to wonder if only BT exist in the area in which I live... don't want to lose my ISP, I just want to get rid of BT being anywhere IN the equation.

> --
> | Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +