cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Provision Process Problem

Frogger
Grafter

Halfway through the ADSL upgrade path, I attempted to connect to Connect Lite to check my status via the tracker. Cannot connect .. error 691 invalid username & password. Hence now locked out ! Logged in via good old faithfull BT Openworld PAYG, to find that my account have been converted, but I had not collected my emails with connection settings nor have I received the hardware yet. So in theory I will never be able to get it to work. Raised a ticket with support, they say they have reactivated nightdial whatever that is but I still cannot log in with a v90 modem, pending arrival of the hardware. I was assured when I signed up that the old access would remain for a period to allow delivery of hardware & set up. It was OK last night and the tracker said it was still pending conversion by BT.

Assuming I am able to ever get working again, what number can I dial to connect to F9 with a V90 modem, if I ever get ADSL problems or wish to roam?
5 REPLIES
Frogger
Grafter

solved..

Support have come back to say that during the period where they have converted the account, and waiting for hardware,I have to use a special (not published) local rate backup number. This works but would it have been nice to receive this information prior to me losing access. (I had to use other ISP to get this information).
N/A

For what it's worth, I use 0845 140 0101 which is published on the Connecting to us page. I've also changed the account information in my dial-up entry, so instead of using "task" (and connecting to Force9) I use a pay-as-you-go ("free") account, "taskforce9" registered with PlusNet, which ensures my dial-up system does not get assigned the same IP address as my ADSL router. This mean, if I want to, I can have ADSL and dial-up working concurrently.
N/A

Note: The page that task linked to has apparently the wrong dialup numbers for Force9 - if you use that number you are actually authenticating using the PlusNet customer database as I discovered the other day there.
N/A

Probably fortunate, then, that I'm using a PlusNet account!

What about the number 0845 142 2000 -- is that still available?
Frogger
Grafter

I have discovered that these are the numbers used for F9 accounts:

0845 1421000
0845 1422000
0845 1423000 you need to add @f9.co.uk to the end of your username.
0845 1424000

I used the 1422000 number, they are on their support pages, but are difficult to find.