cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Guide Forums

Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

I am posting this because I cannot stand the layout of the ADSL Guide Forums and was wondering what other PN users thought.

I think they would be better using PHPBB2 as it is tidy and really easy to use.
There are things I like about thier system like being able to see whos online doing what but i expect they could modify PHPBB to do this?

So should they switch to PHPBB2 or not?
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

I personally do not use the ADSL forums, for this very reason.

Chilly
Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

I rarely use them myself however someone has started a thread on my upgrade checker which I try to keep an eye on to answer any questions.
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL Guide Forums

As with Chilly on this one. I just cannot stand the way they work, and as such do not use them very often at all.

I did try for a few weeks a while back, but I really couldn't get used to it. So I don't post there anymore.
N/A

ADSL Guide Forums

Is there not a revamp of the AG forums already on the cards?

/ heads off to find out.
Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

Any luck yet?
N/A

ADSL Guide Forums

Yip, i think.

In a post from late May discussing the speed of the site Seb said.......

The BBS is slower than it should be... We'll deal with it as soon as we have the main site sorted.. At the moment news bit is almost finished which will make our staff work a lot easier in terms of writing/editing articles.. dealing with versioning, outputs, etc. A lot of the time has been spent on login/core modules and trying to get around some problems with the way various libraries work

When all of the main site is sorted, then we'll spend some time on the bbs... possibly looking at modifying another package, or even completely rewriting one for ourselves.. we'll have to see.

So it looks there is some development being looked at. To what extent, if any it changes, I dont know.
Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

Thanks I had I look but couldn't find anything - you must have more patience. :lol:

Please PHPBB2 Please PHPBB2 Please PHPBB2 :lol: :lol:
N/A

ADSL Guide Forums

I've got a spare VBulletin license which i'd more than happily donate to ADSLguide...
N/A

Re: ADSL Guide Forums

There are things I like about thier system like being able to see whos online

I believe that the next version of PHPBB will allow you to see who is online when they have posted. Not certain if you will be able to see what they are doing...

But I agree the forum is a little bit behind the times IMHO.
Alecto
Grafter

ADSL Guide Forums

How about a third category - "I don't know what PHPBB is" ? Tongue

But ADSL Guide forums are awful to use, if that's any help. Does that mean I should vote yes?

It's a pity that Pn regard ADSL Guide as more important than their own forums, and put their key information there first.
Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

phpbb is the software used for the PlusNet forums (amonst others). I don't know what ADSL Guide use but I hate it and thats why I never visit thier forums.

Chris
N/A

ADSL Guide Forums

I think they would be better using IPB2 Tongue Cheesy

Ill have that VB liscence if you want Wink
michaelscott
Grafter

ADSL Guide Forums

The ADSL Guide forums have the option to switch to a flat view like phpBB.
Community Veteran

ADSL Guide Forums

I know, I use it but I still can't stand them. It's a shame because the rest of the site is quite good.

Edit: just looking at the results of the poll and I reckon the forums can't add up percentages are always out of 100% yet PHPBB has got the results to 92% yes 7% no 92+7=99 so the forums have lost 1% somewhere :shock: